Baja Trophy Truck by Brenthel Ind.

BrenthelIndustries

Reaction
We just started setting up fixtures and laying tubes on 7-13-09 for our first 2 Baja Trophy trucks.

Chassis – All tubing, mounts, suspension laser cut with part #’s etched in so at any time of crash or rollover tubes can be ordered 1 at a time or in multiples to help re-build a truck. Excellent use of lightweight tubes in proper areas.

Fixtures – On lay-up chassis within .030 all around. Extremely square and well fixtured without having to continually re-measure with multiple fits.

Suspension Components – All built on machined or blanchard flat surfaces within .005 Fixtured for spares and repeatability.

Tabs & Mounts – This can be the most time consuming part of a build. We have eliminated most of the headache by modeling most accessories, spare parts, components and coming up with our most efficient self fixtured tabs for plumbing setup and repeatability.

Aluminum & skid plates – All aluminum is able to be laser cut for skid plates, belly pans, floorboards, doors, & all skins because of the square well fixtured chassis.

Small details – Things like dome lights for interior, work lights for transmission tunnel and work lights for coolers and rear of truck, fire suppressant nozzles, all bulkhead fittings for plumbing, air hose fittings, throttle cable mount, fuel pumps, fuel filters, PS res, fire extinguishers, fire suppressant all of these items and many more have been modeled so we can have them laser cut and dimensioned to make an extremely efficient and well thought out truck with a quick turn around.

More specs and info here

http://www.brenthelindustries.com/webpages.asp?wpid=69

Attachments

Last edited:

E&S Racing

F.A.I.T.H.
Reaction
Sweet guys. Finally someone took notice of you guys and is letting you build there trucks. Awesome, I'll have to stop by next week...

CaptinCrash

Reaction
how many tubes is your truck total

motorhead

Reaction
how many tubes is your truck total
Never mind how many tubes, how much does the chassis weigh? I'm going to guess around 700lbs?

I'm very impressed with Brenthels professionalism and attention to detail seen in their CAD modeling and JIG designs. Was there any engineering during the design stage? If so, Camburg is going to have some competition.

mikeyfrombc

Reaction
sweet looking forward to following the progress on this build , in the images with all the lasercut fixture to locate the tubes are those top plates bolted to the surface plate ?? also what type of bender do you use to bend the tubing ??

BrenthelIndustries

Reaction
Never mind how many tubes, how much does the chassis weigh? I'm going to guess around 700lbs?

I'm very impressed with Brenthels professionalism and attention to detail seen in their CAD modeling and JIG designs. Was there any engineering during the design stage? If so, Camburg is going to have some competition.

Tons of engineering, we have 1 main designer and 3 total. Don't want to say final #'s on the chassis until it's completed. We have a idea but will break out the scales as soon as it's completed.

sweet looking forward to following the progress on this build , in the images with all the lasercut fixture to locate the tubes are those top plates bolted to the surface plate ?? also what type of bender do you use to bend the tubing ??

Yes all plates bolted to surface plate.

gasit2win

Reaction
We just started setting up fixtures and laying tubes on 7-13-09 for our first 2 Baja Trophy trucks.

Chassis – All tubing, mounts, suspension laser cut with part #’s etched in so at any time of crash or rollover tubes can be ordered 1 at a time or in multiples to help re-build a truck. Excellent use of lightweight tubes in proper areas.

Fixtures – On lay-up chassis within .030 all around. Extremely square and well fixtured without having to continually re-measure with multiple fits.

Suspension Components – All built on machined or blanchard flat surfaces within .005 Fixtured for spares and repeatability.

Tabs & Mounts – This can be the most time consuming part of a build. We have eliminated most of the headache by modeling most accessories, spare parts, components and coming up with our most efficient self fixtured tabs for plumbing setup and repeatability.

Aluminum & skid plates – All aluminum is able to be laser cut for skid plates, belly pans, floorboards, doors, & all skins because of the square well fixtured chassis.

Small details – Things like dome lights for interior, work lights for transmission tunnel and work lights for coolers and rear of truck, fire suppressant nozzles, all bulkhead fittings for plumbing, air hose fittings, throttle cable mount, fuel pumps, fuel filters, PS res, fire extinguishers, fire suppressant all of these items and many more have been modeled so we can have them laser cut and dimensioned to make an extremely efficient and well thought out truck with a quick turn around.

More specs and info here

http://www.brenthelindustries.com/webpages.asp?wpid=69
The tires remind me of a pitching machine with the ball feeder in the middle just my thought no bashing.