Baja vs Racing in the U.S ?

ACME

RDC Crypto
When you explain your hobby to someone you just met do you tell them: "I race BITD, like Vegas to Reno and Parker" or do you say " I race the Baja stuff!"...

Last edited:
Advertising supports this site

AZ7000'

RDC Crypto

ht racing

RDC Crypto
from the way it sounds its more about the adventure, prerunning and tacos than the race, i see this year there is large amount of score racers doing a full season of bitd this year. bitd is growing score is shrinking. so i guess the hard core score racers are now turning into pussies?

airbag1

RDC Crypto
Baja, no doubt! I am lucky enough to go to quite a few races and none do i look forward to more than our trips down south. The people, the food, the drinks and the friends i make every trip have me counting the days till i can return!

randy s

RDC Crypto
even if there was no BLM looking over our shoulders and we could prerun, chase and spectate anywhere we wanted with no interference up here in the lower 48, there still is no place on earth like baja..there's just something very special about the place and a special vibe that can't be experienced anywhere else..and you see challenges you won't ever have in the US ..baja has it all..it's off road racing nirvana

bajafox

Barely Accepted
RDC Crypto
Only BITD race I ever attended was in Baja when Kyle Taylor won. Zero plans to ever attend a US race besides Plaster City again. Biggest waste of money ever as a spectator/crew member

RIP Budlight Dash, closest you'll ever get to the "Baja" experience this side of the border

Last edited:

chicken lips the ocho

Most Annoying RDC Poster
RDC Crypto
from the way it sounds its more about the adventure, prerunning and tacos than the race, i see this year there is large amount of score racers doing a full season of bitd this year. bitd is growing score is shrinking. so i guess the hard core score racers are now turning into pussies?

You and everybody knows why the entries in SCORE are dead. If it was cheaper to do a SCORE race over a BITD race and you still won't go to Baja then yes you are a pu$$y

ht racing

RDC Crypto
ok its all about the money then. so you build a tt and only race in the usa to save money. i think its a little more than the money.

BANNED4LIFE

RDC Crypto
ok its all about the money then. so you build a tt and only race in the usa to save money. i think its a little more than the money.
what REAL tt RACER doesnt race in BAJA??? the only one i can think of is dale dondell and that is due to a quad incident years ago........and yes i emphisised "REAL" and "RACER" for a REASON.....

DanMcMillin

Crane Motorsports
RDC Crypto
mybad....i know he DIDNT for quit a while.......

Correct, he didn't for a while but I can't remember when he did, under his own program. I'll have to ask him next time I visit the shop.

Anyways staying on topic, racing in Baja is much more challenging in almost every category, but well worth it.

Zambo

RDC Crypto
There will always be more cars on the easy road than the hard road. That's the way life works.

swiftracing5

RDC Crypto
When you were born the day after a Pete's Camp Poker Run, I don't think you have a choice(me). Thanks Dad.

BANNED4LIFE

RDC Crypto
ok then i got it your a real racer if you race in baja otherwise you are a whimp. got it!
your the one that made the stupid comments about baja.....if you are scared, dont go, u.s. races are great events as well, but NOT THE SAME.......the OP asked for comparison.....you cant compare if you havent been, DUH..........and BTW, the last time i ALMOST got in a head on collision on the racecourse at full tilt in the TT was NOT in BAJA , but at the parker 425, ....in the tight sand wash before coming back towards midway around rm 80, a BLM ranger driving BACKWARDS on the course, DURING THE RACE, it was close.......so dont think dumness only happens in mex...........and you FORGOT to name a REAL TT guy that doesnt try to WIN in baja, tongue tied???

Last edited: