"bajalites" are born.....spy photos.....yes this truck just won the Mint 400.........

FarrisMotorsports

RDC Crypto
Re: "bajalites" are born.....spy photos.....yes this truck is racing sf...........

The weakest link, most expensive part and most expensive to maintain of your whole truck will be the Turbo 350.You didn't have any problems because you didn't race the trucks long enough.The transmission is a $3500-$4000. part for all the good stuff and that is still a band aid to the problem.These trannies are not strong enough for the abuse we put them thru and you added more HP,Weight & bigger tires.You will see soon enough.

The prices I qouted are on a complete race ready TL including the billet tail housing and Currie made axles & rear end, you were WAY behind the times when you bought a used unprepped truck that you knew nothing about.

That's funny because when Pete bought the truck, it was PREPPED and had ALL current updates including billet tail housing, billet converter & updated driveline. That was before the Currie housing was even available. Get your story straight before you speak please.

ACME

RDC Crypto
Re: "bajalites" are born.....spy photos.....yes this truck is racing sf...........

It is amazing that when everyone was wanting to pound their chests, saying what is the better vehicle this post was overlooked! Way back on page 6 of the thread. Sure this truck is great and has great quality, but this is at an added cost. TL's business strategy, was to "turn dreams into dust" by building a cost efficient race vehicle and getting people "the average joe" out of the grandstands and into the race field. If TL built this truck that probably wouldn't have gone hand in hand with what their business strategy was. Both are great vehicles in their own right, BUT this REALLY IS comparing Apples to Oranges.

Agreed! It's always easier to be an editor than an author and all this threads proving is someone can learn from those that pioneered a concept and possibly improve on it (have to wait for the finished product first). The irony is: Peter's claims are no better than the original 200HP, 2100lb claims of the OG Ecotech spec truck until proven true. The fact is 28(?) TL's are out there and more on the way and they are fun to drive, but the reality is EVERY off road race car is a piece of crap, they all brake and cost way more in money and frustration than their worth. What a supid sport... Can we now turn our attention to more important things like the Barstow land grab before we have no where to race these pieces of junk?

Last edited:

Elk Hunter

RDC Crypto

Pete, you are going down...Ha Ha see ya in San Felipe.

Last edited by a moderator:

jo maoma

Heisenberg
RDC Crypto

Pete's new truck is so awesome the flame out system uses Axe Body Spray instead of Halon...

steve0we

RDC Crypto
Website
www.TPMracing.net

The real question is will it be geared low enough to pull the TT back to the pits?

TARHEEL

RDC Crypto

jo maoma said:
Pete's new truck is so awesome the flame out system uses Axe Body Spray instead of Halon...

Is there a place to nominate the best post of 2010? If so, hands down this.

BANNED4LIFE

RDC Crypto

Pete, Not true. If you are going to post something make it the truth ! Your recall is way off just like this thread.
c'mon gary, dont you remember when greg was going to OUTLAW your $5,000 transmission.......oh yea, now you remember..........
The weakest link, most expensive part and most expensive to maintain of your whole truck will be the Turbo 350.You didn't have any problems because you didn't race the trucks long enough.The transmission is a $3500-$4000. part for all the good stuff and that is still a band aid to the problem.These trannies are not strong enough for the abuse we put them thru and you added more HP,Weight & bigger tires.You will see soon enough.

The prices I qouted are on a complete race ready TL including the billet tail housing and Currie made axles & rear end, you were WAY behind the times when you bought a used unprepped truck that you knew nothing about.

you dont get the $4,000 trans or the billet tailhousing with the kmart version you think is only $55,000 or the good drive shaft ect. ect......the parts that kept bending and breaking on the tl i had were all new and straight from tl.......yes i agree they were all junk....just what was spec-ed.....the trucks and the parts people use are NOT all the same, i agree with you there as well.....

BANNED4LIFE

RDC Crypto

truck still not done.....havent even started it yet.......wish we had another week..........its all "smack" if we dont back it up............................

Elk Hunter

RDC Crypto

What is with all this hate and BS? Just bring my winnings down to Mex and tell Eddie not to forget to bring his. Yes it appears that you have built one bad ass 7-2. Better then Carlos, naaaa. but potently fast with smaller tires. Can you beat Dana and I, Hell no. I am sure you guys will get faster later on and if you keep trying, you can set your goal to try to beat us to La Paz. Latter ,off to SF to find the best cheat lines, just in case team Tex gets past. HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

ONE_RJ

RDC Crypto
Website
www.compdoor.com

c'mon gary, dont you remember when greg was going to OUTLAW your $5,000 transmission.......oh yea, now you remember..........

you dont get the $4,000 trans or the billet tailhousing with the kmart version you think is only $55,000 or the good drive shaft ect. ect......the parts that kept bending and breaking on the tl i had were all new and straight from tl.......yes i agree they were all junk....just what was spec-ed.....the trucks and the parts people use are NOT all the same, i agree with you there as well.....

Pete, I know it is $55,000.00 and anybody can order it for that price and come race for the big bucks. We don't run the $4000 trans, but I know you do get a good Woods transmission with it, and yes you do get the billet tail housing, you should know that, the one you got with your TL is on your new truck you are building!!! Not sure what you are referring to as "the good drive shaft", as we still run the original style and it seems to be good enough for 2 championships, maybe you didn't realize it wasn't a Trophy truck you bought?

Pete, face it, you are building a very nice upgraded TL for $25,000.00 more , no big deal , some people like to shop at Target instead of Kmart.

BANNED4LIFE

RDC Crypto

Pete, I know it is $55,000.00 and anybody can order it for that price and come race for the big bucks. We don't run the $4000 trans, but I know you do get a good Woods transmission with it, and yes you do get the billet tail housing, you should know that, the one you got with your TL is on your new truck you are building!!! Not sure what you are referring to as "the good drive shaft", as we still run the original style and it seems to be good enough for 2 championships, maybe you didn't realize it wasn't a Trophy truck you bought?

Pete, face it, you are building a very nice upgraded TL for $25,000.00 more , no big deal , some people like to shop at Target instead of Kmart.

first you say you have to have a 4k trans and now you say you dont have one but still won 2 championships without it........and the trans is junk and wont hold up..........im confused......and so are you.....................

fullthrottle

RDC Crypto

What is with all this hate and BS? Just bring my winnings down to Mex and tell Eddie not to forget to bring his. Yes it appears that you have built one bad ass 7-2. Better then Carlos, naaaa. but potently fast with smaller tires. Can you beat Dana and I, Hell no. I am sure you guys will get faster later on and if you keep trying, you can set your goal to try to beat us to La Paz. Latter ,off to SF to find the best cheat lines, just in case team Tex gets past. HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

The Trophylites and Mason's have not been able to beat the Full Potential mid engine buggies in the past and the Bajalites will be no different. The Buggy or Buck has won many races in the last 12 months to include: ORAF 500 Trophylite Class, KC Midnite Special Mini Metal/Class 3000, Freedom 250 - Class 3000, Baja 1000 - Class 4 (beating all Ecotec's). The car was recently sold to Green Army who on the first race out taking 1st overall in Barstow, and then First at BAP in Class 3000, and showed in 7 unlimited lap times with the truck body that it will compete with the V6 powered trucks. So, it is obvious if you want to go fast and beat all the other Ecotec powered trucks and some V6 powered trucks go buy a Full Potential F-1 Lite with the truck body option.

The best 7-2 is in the attached pictures and hopefully the Green Army will put the body on and show all of you again with a six-teen year old behind the wheel.

Attachments

• PSRF1Lite_ORAF500_050.jpg
    PSRF1Lite_ORAF500_050.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 344
  • F1 Baja 1000_001.jpg
    F1 Baja 1000_001.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 336
  • Davis_BAP.jpg
    Davis_BAP.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 312

RBFJeep

RDC Crypto
Website
www.finchumoffroadracing.com

The Trophylites and Mason's have not been able to beat the Full Potential mid engine buggies in the past and the Bajalites will be no different. The Buggy or Buck has won many races in the last 12 months to include: ORAF 500 Trophylite Class, KC Midnite Special Mini Metal/Class 3000, Freedom 250 - Class 3000, Baja 1000 - Class 4 (beating all Ecotec's). The car was recently sold to Green Army who on the first race out taking 1st overall in Barstow, and then First at BAP in Class 3000, and showed in 7 unlimited lap times with the truck body that it will compete with the V6 powered trucks. So, it is obvious if you want to go fast and beat all the other Ecotec powered trucks and some V6 powered trucks go buy a Full Potential F-1 Lite with the truck body option.

The best 7-2 is in the attached pictures and hopefully the Green Army will put the body on and show all of you again with a six-teen year old behind the wheel.

Killer vehicle and does truly perform awesome!

Elk Hunter

RDC Crypto

are you Kidding? look at the lap times from SCORE Laughlin. We were not in the same heat but you were slower.
#721 at Laughlin

BigBro

RDC Crypto

first you say you have to have a 4k trans and now you say you dont have one but still won 2 championships without it........and the trans is junk and wont hold up..........im confused......and so are you.....................

Confused?

If "talk is cheap", Pete, you are the ultimate "RDC miser"!

Don't even try and give me that "you don't even race" lecture either.

After all this pre-race hype, you better podium San Felipe, Good Luck!

Last edited:

fullthrottle

RDC Crypto

are you Kidding? look at the lap times from SCORE Laughlin. We were not in the same heat but you were slower.
#721 at Laughlin

Didn't race Laughlin! Did you race BAP?

I have yet to see any lap times from anyother Ecotec powered trucks better than the Full Potential F-1 Lite.

RBFJeep

RDC Crypto
Website
www.finchumoffroadracing.com

Pete, what I am trying to figure out is that you say your customers will get the best parts available from the beginning, then though through out this thread you mention the possible upgrades in the future? Really dude, are you on F'in drugs. The first event you attended with Trophylite, you threw gas on the fire trying to be cool and looked like an a**. Not surprisingly, you have continued this trend ever since.

We own TL#6. Yes, we were part of the test crew and went through the growing pains of TL in the beginning. What isn't said is that all early buyers knew we were going to be going through the learning curve on the trucks which was fine because Scaroni backed up his trucks the best he could.

Last year, we we opened the trans to service it once, but wasn't necessary due to such little wear. From what I hear the 400 would be better, but the 350 is working so no reason to change it. We do not have the upgraded transmission. We do not have any other special upgrades, just straight stock TL parts.

The Trophylite program is great. We are having our second truck built right now which should be done soon. Seeing as that we were a rookie team 2 years ago, never owning or driving a race truck I would say these things hold up to what is promised.

Finally, Pete good luck on your new truck. I do wish you luck for that there is always room for a customer that would prefer to buy a much more expensive truck. I do feel bad for your builder because the pictures he posted back on another page looks good. They are investing a lot of time in something that may already tainted. My hopes is that you don't burn them as history would suggest and you all do well. If you do burn them, I hope they are able to find another promoter that will bring them the success they are looking for.

For all of our sake can you promote something with out making it a "Poor Pete" screw TL thread. It is getting old.

Move on....

fullthrottle

RDC Crypto

BTW, we have been racing with the Ecotec's for over a season now and did some extensive testing with 35" tires in Plaster City and Parker to include chassis dyno and found them to be too much for the Ecotec, good luck Bajalites.