BALDWINS RACE TRUCK

fabtoys

I TRIED TO FIND SOME PICTURES OF JASON BALDWIN'S TROPHY TRUCKS REAR SUSPENSION ANYONE KNOW WHERE TO FIND OR HAS SOME ?? THANKS

86 x cab 4x4 short course w/c/o w/ 4 link
99 dodge ram 2500 cummins w/ 37" mtr

fabtoys

THANKS ALOT THAT ANSWERS SOME QUESTION I HAD

86 x cab 4x4 short course w/c/o w/ 4 link
99 dodge ram 2500 cummins w/ 37" mtr

Greg

I dont know how to make it clicky, but if you go to prerunners.com and looke under pictures from crandon 2002, there are some good pics of the truck without bedsides.

Greg

Tom_Willis

That truck is in the Guiness Book of World Records for "most dimple dies". There was enough chromoly punched out of that truck to build another truck :)

Live your life like a Budweiser commercial

TxPhPrerunner

Search for this thread " horizontal rear coil-overs / canitlever" make sure you search all posts it's from a while back. View it in flat I think the pic is on page 8. It's a side view of the rocker arm.

I don't live on the edge. I fell over long ago.

FABRICATOR

You mean this one?

<font color=blue>"A Ship in the harbor is safe, but that's not what ships are built for"</font color=blue>

Attachments

ntsqd

Egads, There's some interesting plumbing going on with those dampers & gas springs. Note the check valve-like body on the by-pass damper's reservoir fitting.

TS

I used to swerve around my halucinations, now I drive right thru them.

FABRICATOR

A closer-in view. Lines are to circulate fluid. They are required when using a solid, non-flowing piston. Bryan Kudela designed the truck.

<font color=blue>"A Ship in the harbor is safe, but that's not what ships are built for"</font color=blue>

Attachments

jcorsico

Can somebody point out the gas springs? I was under the impression that truck ran torsion bars at all four corners, but I could be wrong.

Jon

jcorsico

And the truck runs a solid piston? It has hydraulic bump stops, so I wouldn't have figured the solid piston was necessary since you don't need the shocks to totally stop up travel in the suspension. The two fluid lines to the reservoir could be just to circulate fluid in and out of the reservoir as the shock cycles for cooling. That would make sense if the check-valve looking items were actually check valves - as the shock cycles and the shaft displaces more and less fluid, the check valves could be used to force fluid flow in only one direction in and out of the reservoir, which would I guess give you more cooling since the fluid continually replaced itself.

Ivan's Toyota TT appears to have such a system. There are two extra cylinders between the shock and the real reservoir, and these extra cylinders have lots of cooling fins on them - they almost look like fins on a radiator or air conditioner condenser.

Jon

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
They only ever built three of them. Maybe you are confusing this Baldwin's truck with Nick Baldwin's new truck who races under the Riviera program. That truck does not have a torsion bar.

Most wars are the result of compounded stupidity and those who believe it

Greg

Chuck, please elaborate on "non-flowing piston" . As for solid piston shocks needing 2 reservoir lines, hmm, mine only have 1 line and seem to work fine. I think all the solid piston shocks still use a series of holes to control bleed, except ted kendal shocks but i hear the dont work so good anyway. Bilstien used to, and may still, use check valves to force the fluid to circulate but on shocks like mike smiths, the 2 reservoir lines are to flow enough fluid to prevent spiking because of such a large shock shaft. If my info is wrong, please let me know.

Greg