ball joints!

empire231

well, i gotta replace my ball joints again (it's like the sixth time), and i was just wondering which ones you guys/gals would recommend? i heard that the moog bj's are supposed to be good for the chevy's but i'm noot to sure?

bajaboy

Moog is the way to go with chevy's , they are the best unless you want to spend the money on custom ones! I believe CST kits come with moogs.

Bajaboy

Tyson

Moog very well with my long travel on my toyota and gave more movement then the OEM stock toyota ball joints.

Tyson

empire231

anyone know where i could get the moog bj's? i live in socal. and possibly how much they run for lower&uppers?

Ryno

Get Moog @ NAPA. They run about $35 each for the BJ's. Check out your tie rod ends while your in there, and the centerlink.

Ryno

empire231

i tried the napa in riverside and all they have in their computers are the lowers (napa brand)?

singlehanded

If your going to spend the time puting in or paying someone to do it you might as well get the best bj possible. Go to napa ask for the bjs with the blue boots like in the pictures in the link to the thread above. I had to order them it took I think a day to get them in. They were around 85 bucks each times four for me but they are worth every penny when your in the dezert and the dont go out or get really sloppy on you.

desertracer

Has anybody tried these joints from SCP on a 88-98 full size chevy. They appear that the could solve the upper bj problem if the allow for enough articulation. They bolt right into the stock location and enploy a uniball however I'm not too sure how big it is. They are not that expensive compared to BJ's. Any experience with these?

Monoball Joints For Adjusting Roll Centers
Comes with spacers that allow you to change ball joint length
Replace the tapered stud if you have an accident
Complete with plate, monoball, tapered shaft, adjuster bushing and nut
Full Size GM Upper Monoball Joint Kit
Fits all upper control arms that use a K6024 - Bolt in design
Part No. Description Price Click
To Buy
833-110L Left Side Joint $36.00
833-110R Right Side Joint $36.00
833-111 Replacement Stud $15.50