Banditos between Ojos and Valle T

Josh 8

RDC Crypto
I dont post bullshit. I get the facts and confirm before posting. Call it what you want but if its posted on my page its real news. Hows that military heli flying over KM77 this afternoon for a "Fish Story" you jackass.
Austin, first off you totally overreacting and flipped out and posted bullshit ^^^^. So your wrong about that. If you go back to my post you will see it was post #2. I was responding to post #1. If you read my post you will see that I am trying to be polite too. I was simply hoping that the story is not true or the facts got twisted because in Mexico stories tend to grow like an urban legend or a “fish story”. You know “I caught a fish so big!” And every time the story is told it’s bigger.

Austin, I have always respected you and your reporting. Been reading you on here for 20 years. But just wow. As a respected authority in off road, should you be more levelheaded prior to jumping in the middle of something that has nothing to do with you? Are you so insta vain/famous that every thing must me about you? Next time, please step back prior to going after a fallow of yours. You will look better in the end.

And the root of my original post is based in the fact that I love Mexico and racing there. I simply don’t want to believe stuff like this. Now as facts come out (your post and the authority it holds) it appears it is vary close to correct and that saddens me.

Last edited:

EasyE

RDC Crypto
Fish, can you get some more information on this incident. It sounds like someone in the vehicle towing the Can-Am speaks spanish or all of them are from Mexico? I would have no clue to know "Corran Cabrones O Los Matmaos" meant was it means. Just want a little more detail. do you knowwhat team? Do they have a GPS tracking device?
I know them, the team partner and owner of the truck hasn’t tagged or named the people in the truck so I won’t. Yes, they all speak Spanish, but not Mexican. My raptor will track location anywhere and always visible through the app, I guess GMC doesn’t share location with owner, just to authorities.
Biggest bummer, a lot of personal items in truck and trailer that were needed to safely compete and as a result, team has decided not to race.

Honda48X

RDC Crypto
That sucks, I really need to learn Spanish because I probably would have put my hands up in the air because I have no idea what they are saying.

Is there any update to the location of the truck? They said they kept the keys so the truck should be disabled. Did GMC give the location of the truck to authorities?

One-Eyed Peter

RDC Crypto
Re: banditos incident. Too me, this is where the RDC community should ban together. Not devolve into fighting with each other, as so often seems to happen. Not sure why Fish would post something not credible. Doing it for IG likes? Come on, man. It seems a good idea to get the word out asap, to possibly help recover the vehicles and property and/or bring the perps to justice. (I know the chances of either of these things happening is next to none, but why not try?) Anyways, stay safe everyone!:cool:✌️

Honda48X

RDC Crypto
Totally agree. We will be spectating on Hwy 3 at KM109. KM77 is not that far from where we will be. We are at Mile 99 to 100 on the race course so our plan would be to stay until close to all vehicles have gone through. Thinking last vehicle leaves the line at 12:30. They should be by us at least by 3PM, maybe 3:30. Either way we will leave before it get dark!

Be safe everyone.

BajaFand

RDC Crypto
Glad to hear the Mexican military and state police are on top of securing the area. This is the kind of crap that was happening in 06-07 and drove many people away from racing in Baja for a few years. Baja definitely doesn’t need that.

critter81

RDC Crypto
Hopefully they don’t run that truck with pump gas at higher altitudes. Someone on RDC said pump gas can’t run at altitude. Not enough specific gravity for it. LOL.

The poop you read on RDC. Hehe

Mike
Mike,

you can troll me all you want, but the if you know airplanes as you claim you do than you know the perils of pump gas and heat and altitude

I can post links all day long... But you keep running pump gas in your truck spending money chasing tuning and running lean at altitude in the heat...good luck..

just run your plane on pump gas...

Now let the fun begin

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Critter,

Come on. Running lean because of altitude and heat? So my LT1 ECM cant add more fuel if it needs it? GM has not designed the EFI to cover temps and altitude that people will use these cars at?

You think if you have pump gas in a car at altitude you will overheat the engine?

Vapor lock is a specific problem that is not limited to just pump gas. You can vapor lock race gas also. Any fuel can boil and cause vapor lock.

And I did fly my twin piston on pump gas. How else do I get it into the plane? it literally comes out of a pump. And in fact 100LL comes from many manufactures and is not all the same. Thats why we have a mixture lever in the plane. We manually adjust fuel flow to get the proper fuel mixture. When at 28,000 feet there is less air density so we add less fuel and vise verse. If the fuel is less dense because of the temperature of the fuel than we add more fuel flow. Its a pretty simple system and works. Just FYI many piston aircraft engines are deigned to run on Mogas (AKA pump gas)

You keep taking your Carb mentality and using it with EFI and Manually controlled mechanical injection on piston aircraft.

Our race truck is sophisticated enough to adjust for these things like air and fuel density.

We had vapor lock because we had a restriction in the feed to the pumps (-6 on the fuel Mat). That restriction created lower pressure and higher load. That is what caused our vapor lock. It would have and was the same when we used VP race fuel. When you create a suction you reduce the pressure and the IBP goes down. The same is true when you have pressure like in a cooling system thats running at pressure, the boiling point goes up.

Justin Loftons pre running is set up for pump gas and does just fine. According to you he will break down or blow up if he goes high or hot. Simply not true. The EFI system will add more fuel it is sees a lean condition. Pretty basic.

Mike

Edit- just to also point out you have no idea what you are talking about. The LT1 has the fuel regulator back by the tank close to the fuel pumps. the fuel goes from the regulator to the high pressure fuel pump on the engine. There is no return like a LS. The engine uses all of the fuel that goes to the engine. The fuel return line goes from the regulator bypass back to the tank. Not the fuel rail back to the tank. Lots of variables in our system that you do not understand.

Our engine overheating issues were from taking out the thermostat and making the water pump feed itself. We had no water flow in our cooling system and that blew the head gasket when it got 265 degrees. I promise it had nothing to do with what fuel we used.

And you picked the wrong guy to have the fuel argument with. I have weeks of research into fuel type, density and IBU. I have spent a hours on the phone with petroleum chemical engineers.

Last edited:

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Oh I thought we just post whatever we want in whatever thread. Haha

Thats the reason I look at every thread. Its almost never just about the title.

I actually sent Critter a DM before he posted this to try and explain. But he want to discuss in open. So I was like lets go...MF

Mike

fishd00d

What A Joke
RDC Crypto
Website
www.fishgistics.com
Austin, first off you totally overreacting and flipped out and posted bullshit ^^^^. So your wrong about that. If you go back to my post you will see it was post #2. I was responding to post #1. If you read my post you will see that I am trying to be polite too. I was simply hoping that the story is not true or the facts got twisted because in Mexico stories tend to grow like an urban legend or a “fish story”. You know “I caught a fish so big!” And every time the story is told it’s bigger.

Austin, I have always respected you and your reporting. Been reading you on here for 20 years. But just wow. As a respected authority in off road, should you be more levelheaded prior to jumping in the middle of something that has nothing to do with you? Are you so insta vain/famous that every thing must me about you? Next time, please step back prior to going after a fallow of yours. You will look better in the end.

And the root of my original post is based in the fact that I love Mexico and racing there. I simply don’t want to believe stuff like this. Now as facts come out (your post and the authority it holds) it appears it is vary close to correct and that saddens me.
Let me say it again, if it’s posted on my page it’s been verified as true or as true as it can be. I personally talked to the owner of the team who’s stuff was stolen, I then talked directly to a person who was in the truck when it happened. I have 2 pages of notes here from my convo with them and all the questions I asked them. Then I called RG to verify if these people seemed legit since I saw a picture of the Gordini on the trailer. Then I called someone else who knew them. Everyone said they have no reason to doubt any of their story and they are legit. After ALL that I made the post with as much evidence as I had collected. Nothing was made up in my post so the fact you called it a “fish story” I took personal since my name is Fish. If you didn’t mean that I was making stuff up then I apologize but I’m sure you can see why I thought that when your comment was directly talking about what I posted.

The truck has Onstar but because it’s in Mexico they will not track it. That does seem to be their policy as I confirmed that also.

The people in the truck were from Bolivia hence how they knew a version of Spanish close to what was yelled at them.

They have some good leads and the military and state police are on it right now.

critter81

RDC Crypto
I am not the one that high jacked the thread, mike did, if a guy trolls me because he does not understand specific gravity of fuel, altitude, and heat and when fuel pressure drops because your fuel is now vapor and your engine will run lean with no fuel pressure I can't help him...

again Mike a little light reading for your continued enjoyment

Now back on track, I hope they find the guys that did this ?

Last edited:

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Dude, read the headline of the article you just posted. LOL

News flash 6100 spec trucks do not run carbs. Well there are a couple but thats not the majority. We for sure do not use carbs and have very sophisticated engine management systems.

Mike

EasyE

RDC Crypto
Let me say it again, if it’s posted on my page it’s been verified as true or as true as it can be. I personally talked to the owner of the team who’s stuff was stolen, I then talked directly to a person who was in the truck when it happened. I have 2 pages of notes here from my convo with them and all the questions I asked them. Then I called RG to verify if these people seemed legit since I saw a picture of the Gordini on the trailer. Then I called someone else who knew them. Everyone said they have no reason to doubt any of their story and they are legit. After ALL that I made the post with as much evidence as I had collected. Nothing was made up in my post so the fact you called it a “fish story” I took personal since my name is Fish. If you didn’t mean that I was making stuff up then I apologize but I’m sure you can see why I thought that when your comment was directly talking about what I posted.

The truck has Onstar but because it’s in Mexico they will not track it. That does seem to be their policy as I confirmed that also.

The people in the truck were from Bolivia hence how they knew a version of Spanish close to what was yelled at them.

They have some good leads and the military and state police are on it right now.
Another big bummer of this happening is the driver IS very legit.. Dakar legit.. they were and probably are still really into making the transition to Baja, but who knows how long before they come back.

Josh 8

RDC Crypto
Let me say it again, if it’s posted on my page it’s been verified as true or as true as it can be.

Here is a shocker. I don’t fallow you anywhere.

dan200

#BSF200
RDC Crypto
So, any news on the truck/trailer being recovered?

No?

News about the bad guys getting busted?

No?

Ok?

Good talk. Back to whatever gayness this thread is about now….

Last edited:

johndjmix

RDC Crypto
Super sucks, I hope they get their stuff back!

Ive said it before and ill say it again, $100 a year, spot trace. Satelite based tracker...track your stuff anywhere. I wouldnt bring any vehicle or trailer into Mexico without a spot trace on it. For $100 guys, how could you not? Its so small you can hide it anywhere.

Now, when you have the truck being tracked what do you do....i would guess first call would be to SCORE and let them call in the cavalry.

--John