Banditos between Ojos and Valle T

43mod

RDC Crypto
Not retired but close . 3.5 weeks here working on house . Longest baja trip ever for me and min two more to go . Makjng halibut ceviche r now .

Sheepdog

RDC Crypto
Not retired but close . 3.5 weeks here working on house . Longest baja trip ever for me and min two more to go . Makjng halibut ceviche r now .
What did you retire from? Jerry and I were talking about retiring from a particular profession.

43mod

RDC Crypto
Gas well prostitution / welder / mechanic / tractor / low tech fabrication shop n field etc etc . Still at it but oldest som and what could be my son each bought out my brothers half . Work sucked the last ten yesrs . These guys are trying hard and i am having a blast supporting them . As long as my phone works its all good

JerryB

RDC Crypto
You gotta be exiting tyranny when you retire I would imagine...any place in mind?
Looking at the fort worth area, that's where the kids and the grandbaby are, so not much choice. Burleson looks pretty good, we're headed out for a couple weeks in January, take some time to look around.

Bro_Gill

Live. Laugh. Love.
RDC Crypto
Let them know what? That a bunch of retirees are stealing off road stuff on the highway between Ojos and Three Poles? Was just there last week, no problems.

Goober

RDC Crypto
Man I envy you, I'll be retiring in a couple years, been eyeing that place for sale (in the classifieds) at El Dorado, was thinking it would be a great second home to spend part of the year, but we're also planning on a move to Texas, so not exactly an easy commute back and forth whenever we feel like running down there for a few weeks. I've been going to Baja since I was a kid in the 70's, never personally had a problem (and trust me, I did my best a few times to find trouble ;) ) but know of many who have. Some incidents were earned, others were random victims. Scariest part is not the fact you may fall prey to a crime, that can happen anywhere anytime, the scary part down there, is when you go looking for help.
I get wanting to leave CA but I don't get the appeal of Texas.

JerryB

RDC Crypto
Yeah I agree, as much as I don't like CA politics and other issues in the state, we love it here and really don't want to leave. But when the kids, and grandkids move to Texas, no way we're going to watch the grandkids grow up on facetime. Texas really hasn't impressed me the few times we've gone out to visit with them, not that I outright didn't like it, but just didn't see the draw to it. Depending on the housing market in a few years when I pull the plug, we may keep our place here and just buy a second home there. Claim TX residency, pay no state income tax on the retirement and just bounce back and forth. We'll see

E.Hagle

RDC Crypto
Seems to me that nobody should be traveling around Baja without a second truck in their ranks minimum.
Definitely not towing a shiny new toy behind them either. Race day is a different story.