Banditos between Ojos and Valle T

JerryB

RDC Crypto
Seems to me that nobody should be traveling around Baja without a second truck in their ranks minimum.
Definitely not towing a shiny new toy behind them either. Race day is a different story.
For sure. I started in baja back in the early 90's, we really didn't have any issues/problems for the most part (other than you always carried a little extra cash in your driving suit just in case you needed to pay a fee ;) ) but when it was a "race" week everyone got a pass, all the shenanigans stopped due to not only the money it brought down, but the whole peninsula was the fan base. Not sure sure now, different generation

E.Hagle

RDC Crypto
For sure. I started in baja back in the early 90's, we really didn't have any issues/problems for the most part (other than you always carried a little extra cash in your driving suit just in case you needed to pay a fee ;) ) but when it was a "race" week everyone got a pass, all the shenanigans stopped due to not only the money it brought down, but the whole peninsula was the fan base. Not sure sure now, different generation
I probably ran into 2 or 3 people out of 100 that didn't have a smile on their face or weren't very polite.
Those numbers are way better than here at home.

Scott SD

RDC Crypto
They make up for it with the property tax.
Not exactly. When you are working, your overall tax rate in CA is way higher. Income tax plus property tax is higher in CA than TX property tax for most individuals. My accountant is based in TX and he likes to make a point of it every year. In retirement it is probably different and the overall tax rate may be similar.

Goober

RDC Crypto
Not exactly. When you are working, your overall tax rate in CA is way higher. Income tax plus property tax is higher in CA than TX property tax for most individuals. My accountant is based in TX and he likes to make a point of it every year. In retirement it is probably different and the overall tax rate may be similar.
But it’s Texas. What is there to do. No beach, mountains, desert, or Baja.

43mod

RDC Crypto
Dad jumped at tge chance in 1961 to gtfo . Have travelled damn near every mid size road in tx . Will visit relatives but no way i i am moving

Fourstroker

RDC Crypto

JDDurfey

RDC Crypto
Looking at the fort worth area, that's where the kids and the grandbaby are, so not much choice. Burleson looks pretty good, we're headed out for a couple weeks in January, take some time to look around.
I live to the southwest of Ft Worth in Stephenville. Burleson is a nice area. A co-worker of mine bought a house there a few years ago. I would personally move a little farther out from the big city, but to each their own.

JDDurfey

RDC Crypto
But it’s Texas. What is there to do. No beach, mountains, desert, or Baja.
Incorrect...

We have beaches. MTV did their spring break show from South Padre Island more than once. We have mountains, are they the Rockies, no, but we have some great mountain areas at Big bend NP or Guadalupe Mountains NP. We also have an area called "Hill Country" that is full of trees and low "mountains" that are beautiful.

And we do have desert.

What we don't have are many off-road races or massive areas for off-road riding. It is the biggest thing I miss about AZ. There are large ranches in West Texas that races could be held on if land owners would allow it, but nothing like Baja or Nevada.

Goober

RDC Crypto
There's beaches, there's mountains, there's desert and Mexican deserts are right across the border. You really haven't been there.
😂 so defensive. If you can’t ski or surf does it count. Good luck in mainland Mex. BTW I’ve been to Texas, I’ll pass.

AZ7000'

RDC Crypto
There's beaches, there's mountains, there's desert and Mexican deserts are right across the border. You really haven't been there.
Thats why his comment was funny...

Bro_Gill

Live. Laugh. Love.
RDC Crypto
Buddy and old racer friend grew up in Texas and was a surfer in the 60s there. Yeah, it wasn't SoCal or Hawaii, but he said there was surf occasionally. Eventually he moved to Encinitas and lived out of his VW van living off lobster and peanut butter, both plentiful and cheap or free back in those days. I've driven over the Guadalupes in a crazy thunder storm a few years back. Middle of the night towing a 40 foot 5th wheel. It was a mountain and it was in the middle of no where. Make sure you fill up with gas in El Paso! It's a long Texas drive to the next station.

JDDurfey

RDC Crypto
Texas isn't for everyone. If you don't like it, we don't want ya! Plain and simple, we want to keep Texas the way Texas is and our biggest fear is that all the people moving here will eventually want to make Texas like the state they left.

I watched it happen in Phoenix. I moved there in 97, right before the massive influx of Californians. It wasn't long before that pretty conservative city started to turn liberal.

My family goes all the way back to the beginnings of Texas. My ancestor Cyrus Campbell made the shackles that held Santa Ana. He and his 3 brothers were in the party that captured the Mexican General. Cyrus in buried 20 miles from where I live now and my mom puts flowers on his grave at least once a year. We like Texas the way it is, so if you don't like it, fine, stay where you are.

jon coleman

in n out.double double w cheese
RDC Crypto
yup, i was a volunteer reservist, i complained one day in the airframes shop on one of my one weekend a month stints, the lpo in the other shop, corrosion control, got up in my face and reminded me 'You dont have To BE here!, you dont like it , Go drill somewhere Else'!!, never bitched again, Texas sounds fine to me, now, back to banditos