On Topic Barb wire on course at the 500

AZ KIRBY

Reaction
Did anyone see barb wire on the course at the 500? And not like someone smoked a fence. I mean in the mtns where there was no fences around. I saw a lot strung across the course. And other riders have said the same. We actually got some wrapped in the rear wheel and others teams well.

Dustino81

Reaction
I saw that 729x had a barb wire issue around RM460, how high off the ground was it strung across the course ??

AZ KIRBY

Reaction
I saw that 729x had a barb wire issue around RM460, how high off the ground was it strung across the course ??
Yea mike wasn’t happy about that. It was laying on the ground. But you could totally tell that it was placed there on purpose. Even out prerunning there was barbwire on course.

JDDurfey

Reaction
The wire at 460 had to be placed there during the race. That is the area that was used both outbound and inbound. He hit it on the way back in. There were enough outbound vehicles and even inbound vehicles before he got there to remove it from the course.

AZ KIRBY

Reaction
The wire at 460 had to be placed there during the race. That is the area that was used both outbound and inbound. He hit it on the way back in. There were enough outbound vehicles and even inbound vehicles before he got there to remove it from the course.
I was thinking the same thing. I saw two guys hanging out a little ways off course didn’t think I anything of it until I heard of other riders getting tangled up in the wire