• Forum membership has its advantages....
If you run a bare chassis in any type of racing or wheeling, you are going to experience rust. Surface rust, flash rust, overnight rust, whatever you want to call it, it makes your vehicle look terrible. Nobody enjoys seeing their vehicle covered in rust and oxidized metal. However there is finally a solution, Mavcoat Steel Shield!

Mavcoat Steel Shield is a corrosion prevention coating that prevents rust from forming on all metal components. Steel Shield is 100% weldable, dries to the touch, dries clear, and provides protection against all types of corrosion and oxidation for anywhere from 6-12 months. This product is perfect for all racers, builders, and enthusiasts alike. When a racer like Rodrigo Ampudia uses it, then you know it must perform well.

Visit www.mavcoatsteelshield.com to place your order today.

Robin Hood

provides protection against all types of corrosion and oxidation for anywhere from 6-12 months. .
Is there anything to back up your claim other then someone uses it (or has used it?). What environment was this tested in?

Lets hear from Rodrigo Ampudia on how well it works.

harleys dad

Nothing like crystal clear crylon, works fantastic no rust you can see any cracks and gives the bare frame look

Nothing like crystal clear crylon, works fantastic no rust you can see any cracks and gives the bare frame look
Yes, however Krylon is a paint, Mavcoat Steel Shield is not. Steel Shield can be welded through without being removed, you can't do that with any other product available today.

johndjmix

Are most trucks not powder coated to make seeing cracks and welding easier?

Why not just paint?

--John

Dunarri LLC
wildscooterparts.com
coolermods.com

Dezertpilot

Are most trucks not powder coated to make seeing cracks and welding easier?

Why not just paint?

--John

Dunarri LLC
wildscooterparts.com
coolermods.com
Most do not paint/powder coat. When the steel is pcoated it usually goes on thick and makes Crack checking tough from what I understand. You should ask BJ Baldwin what he does as his chassis are pcoated that green and he would know what needs to be done. Plus if you paint/pcoated and have to make a trail side repair then you have to grind away the stuff on top of the tube and that can make it a PITA.

johndjmix

Thanks....Pretty much what I figured....

--John

Dunarri LLC
wildscooterparts.com
coolermods.com

johnnyweb

Hmmm interesting stuff. I am looking for a solution to rust on my bare metal chassis living in Nor Cal.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

green787

So are we wiping lead onto our roll cages... There is no magic chemistry.... and a limited number of elements...
Does anyone EVER weld without grinding first???

Most do not paint/powder coat. When the steel is pcoated it usually goes on thick and makes Crack checking tough from what I understand. You should ask BJ Baldwin what he does as his chassis are pcoated that green and he would know what needs to be done. Plus if you paint/pcoated and have to make a trail side repair then you have to grind away the stuff on top of the tube and that can make it a PITA.
That is a perfect explanation. Mavcoat Steel Shield can be welded through without having to be removed, it does not create any byproduct gases and does not impede penetration or weld integrity, thus being extremely useful for the offroad racer.

So are we wiping lead onto our roll cages... There is no magic chemistry.... and a limited number of elements...
Does anyone EVER weld without grinding first???
Mavcoat Steel Shield is polymer coating technology. There is absolutely no lead in Mavcoat Steel Shield.

Mavcoat Steel Shield contains:

-NO Lead
-NO Silicone
-NO CFC's
-NO HCFC's
-NO Chlorinated Solvents
-NO Ozone Depleting Substances

Now, with Mavcoat Steel Shield, you can weld without grinding first.

We(Currie Enterprises) now use Mavcoat on all of our bare housings that get shipped. We used Mavcoat on all of our bare housings that were on display at KOH for a week and since then these same housings have been handled and shipped to TDS, The Mint and Moab EJS with the original application of Mavcoat. We will have our F9 Trophy Truck housing that was originally coated for KOH on display in contingency for the BITD Laughlin race this Friday, come by and check it out.

What does it do it the metal is already rusty? I have some stuff in my backyard that I wanted "rusted look" then I spray paint with clear. But over time the clear doesn't look so good.