• Forum membership has its advantages....

SteelShield

What does it do it the metal is already rusty? I have some stuff in my backyard that I wanted "rusted look" then I spray paint with clear. But over time the clear doesn't look so good.
Mavcoat Steel Shield wont take away any rust, but it will prevent the rust from spreading further. Some of our customers do use it to preserve a rusted/patina look for cars and furniture.

619offroad

Really interested just wondering about how many cans it would take to do a whole chassis

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Tom_Willis

Does it stand up to occasional pressure washing? Would it help keep a polished aluminum skidplate looking polished? Thanks.

osborne

Is this a liquid coating like putting wd40 on and will wash off and have to be re-applyed after each use of the car? I understand it is not a wd40, just wonder if it is a 1 time coating or what the procedure is.

SteelShield

Does it stand up to occasional pressure washing? Would it help keep a polished aluminum skidplate looking polished? Thanks.
Occasional pressure washing will not remove the coating. Drivers who race shortcourse love it because it makes washing in between heats quick and easy, leaving mud nowhere to stick and simultaneously preventing the moisture from attacking the metal.

As for your application of polished aluminum, you would need to apply the coating, then polish the surface to achieve the same finish. Mavcoat Steel Shield penetrates metal to protect on a microscopic level so polishing the coating is acceptable, however the timeframe of protection will be reduced.

SteelShield

Is this a liquid coating like putting wd40 on and will wash off and have to be re-applyed after each use of the car? I understand it is not a wd40, just wonder if it is a 1 time coating or what the procedure is.
We(Currie Enterprises) now use Mavcoat on all of our bare housings that get shipped. We used Mavcoat on all of our bare housings that were on display at KOH for a week and since then these same housings have been handled and shipped to TDS, The Mint and Moab EJS with the original application of Mavcoat. We will have our F9 Trophy Truck housing that was originally coated for KOH on display in contingency for the BITD Laughlin race this Friday, come by and check it out.
Mavcoat Steel Shield is applied as a liquid, however dries to a clear film 5-10 minutes after application. The coating is meant to be applied every 6-12 months and reapplied anywhere that gets forcefully removed during usage of the vehicle.

PDANK Racing

Do any of the chemicals have a negative reaction on wiring, seats/belts/nets, plastic or rubber?

SteelShield

Do any of the chemicals have a negative reaction on wiring, seats/belts/nets, plastic or rubber?
No, overspray will not harm anything. Safe to use on all plastics, rubbers, paints, and vinyl. One of Mavcoat Steel Shield's many uses is to dry out ignition and electrical circuits and to also provide future protection from the elements.