Bark River Lions Club & the PDG

BF_702

Reaction
Bark River Lions Club & the PDG Put
Their Heads and Hearts Together

April 7, 2009-Members of the PDG executive board met with the Bark River Lions Club to formulate a plan that will ensure a long term partnership with PDG and The TORC Series. The Bark River Lions Club has been committed to the off-road community for years. The PDG and the TORC Series are excited to have the Bark River International Raceway on their schedule and want to continue bringing unsurpassed racing action to the fans in the Midwest.

The PDG members shared their goals and future plans for securing premiere off-road racing in the Midwest. While the Bark River Lions Club members are committed to promoting short-course off-road racing, they wanted reassurance if they invest in making changes to the track that the series would continue to use the facility in the future. Both parties shared ideas that could potentially make the Bark River track and facility even better than it currently is.

Changes discussed include:

• Change the start, possibly a 2 x 2 rolling start, or a completely new location from the current start.
• Move hot pits to a location better seen by the fans.
• Change sections of the track to produce better side by side racing-possibly a split lane section where you would choose one line or the other.
• Banking a few turns to get two lines in the turns.
• New section with table tops and whoops.
• How about this... a track design that could run one direction the first day and backwards the following day.
Stay tuned for updated information on "NEW" technical, challenging, and innovative Bark River International Off-Road Raceway!!!

The Bark River Lions Club also expressed interest in investing in the PDG travel award scholarship fund to assist racers with their travel expenses to the track. This is something that will be further discussed at a later date.

The end result was both positive and exciting for the Bark River Lions Club and the PDG. The PDG would like to thank the Bark River Lions Club for the invitation to the meeting, giving us the opportunity to be involved, and their commitment to the future of off-road racing.

The PDG is committed to making short course off-road racing the best, most exciting form of racing for the fans, while providing a viable marketing alternative to potential sponsors.

MeFirst

Reaction
Awesome ideas. How about a tabletop jump on the front stretch in front of the stands? Banking one of the two turns before the finish line would create some exciting finishes.

I think this is exactly the kind of thing the PDG will bring to the table. Greater cooperation between the drivers, track owners and the series will benefit everyone, including the fans.

little bart

Reaction
I really like the idea of a couple banked turns and a tabletop but I hope the start never changes. Crandon and Bark River have always had land rush starts and I hope they always does.

handmethemic

Reaction
• Change the start, possibly a 2 x 2 rolling start, or a completely new location from the current start.
• Move hot pits to a location better seen by the fans.
• Change sections of the track to produce better side by side racing-possibly a split lane section where you would choose one line or the other.
• Banking a few turns to get two lines in the turns.
• New section with table tops and whoops.
• How about this... a track design that could run one direction the first day and backwards the following day.
1. No
2. Yes
3. Yes (but No to the split lane)
4. Yes
5. Yes
6. Maybe... but it'd have to be a really good track design to be able to have good racing in both directions.

If you ran the track backwards, how about a rhythm section going down the south face of the big jump headed toward Cemetery Corner?

eric2448

Reaction
I agree, BIG FAT NO to the first one... all people talk about is how awesome the land rush starts are! And why do a split lane, thats rediculous! We know RJ loves converting half mile roundy round tracks into stadium style tracks like the MTEG days but split lane racing is NOT what any short course track or series needs for competition IMO, epecially at a great track like Bark River! My .02...

little bart

Reaction
On tracks like Bark River and Crandon with so much history I like them the way they are so I wouldn't like to see any big changes but it looks like they have some great ideas that could really improve everyones experience.

3D of 3DCS

Reaction
1. No
2. Yes
3. Yes (but No to the split lane)
4. Yes
5. Yes
6. Maybe... but it'd have to be a really good track design to be able to have good racing in both directions.

If you ran the track backwards, how about a rhythm section going down the south face of the big jump headed toward Cemetery Corner?
I agree, BIG FAT NO to the first one... all people talk about is how awesome the land rush starts are! And why do a split lane, thats rediculous! We know RJ loves converting half mile roundy round tracks into stadium style tracks like the MTEG days but split lane racing is NOT what any short course track or series needs for competition IMO, epecially at a great track like Bark River! My .02...
I'm Derek Dehart, and I approve these posts.

mv181aa

Reaction
I liked the Oshkosh track with the two line infield turn around the light pole. I think it added a technical element missing from some other tracks. There was some great action in that area.

07FJRog

Reaction
both directions would be cool. land rush start at those two tracks should stay. part of an exiting tradition. The other direction could be two by two if there is not enough room to provide the LRS at the facility.

Rog

Nash!

Reaction
Land Rush vs. Rolling Start ??

I think land rush is part of what makes Bark River and Crandon so unique. It is something that can't be done at all venues.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20aV6gT3fnc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20aV6gT3fnc[/ame]

philsmike

Reaction
Reverse direction on Day 2 sounds cool.

It was done once when there was a AMSA/NCPS short course race at the Duquoin Fairgrounds in southern Illinois. The jumps were built to work both ways.

little bart

Reaction
One thing I hope they don't overlook is the fans. I would say pretty much all the fans at Crandon and Bark River love to hear that roar and feel the ground shake when the green flag drops.

BF_702

Reaction
First of all we would like to thank everyone who responded to this thread with suggestions and concerns. You can rest assured that any changes we make to our race track will have the fans as well as the racers saftey and best interest in mind. Our track layout is 34 years in the making and still not done yet!

Also as a side note, our PRO camp sites are filling up fast, so if you want to park up front best reserve your site soon at barkriveroffroad.com

GJLnorthernmichigan

Reaction
First of all we would like to thank everyone who responded to this thread with suggestions and concerns. You can rest assured that any changes we make to our race track will have the fans as well as the racers saftey and best interest in mind. Our track layout is 34 years in the making and still not done yet!

Also as a side note, our PRO camp sites are filling up fast, so if you want to park up front best reserve your site soon at barkriveroffroad.com
Check out this link to our South Map, click here-> https://secure.dstech.us/form100/southsites.asp?registrantID=0Front Section. you can put your pointer on pitsite and see what is reserved and what is still Reservable. Make no Mistake, This Pro area will sell out. Thank You. This is going to be Huge. Thanks to TORC and the PDG.