Barn Finds, wherabouts, or i think i knows

Rory

Crayola Killer
RDC Crypto
Website
www.racers-only.com
Price drop on this car to $2700.00. Lowest I will go. No spares. Come get it. Need my trailer for hunting season!

WOW, if someone out there has been getting the itch and has been waiting for the right buggy to emerge, I'd say you get you're butt to Las Vegas and go pick this up. If you do it this weekend you can go check out the Vegas To Reno event.....another reason to make your way out there. Good luck Jeff!

Advertising supports this site

9Iron

RDC Crypto
I was at the VORRA race this past weekend and ran across Rick Meers' old class 9 Chenowyth for sale. The owner raced it and it actually won a moto. Body's a bit rough but the car hasn't been sitting in a barn and is in running condition. I think he's asking $5k/obo. It's still got a bunch of original stickers on it.

It's a Chenowth 1000, ran in SODA long ago. What do you think?

Bro_Gill

Live. Laugh. Love.
RDC Crypto
That's a Chenowth 2-1600 race frame from mid-80's on. Lots of those were built back then. Unknown who it belonged to.

jmaston

RDC Crypto
Ask Racer Ray ( on this forum) he just sold it or one EXACTLY like it a few months ago .... It was red then. If it is Rays old car he used it as a prerunner in Mexico the last 8 or 9 years. I raced with him and have a lot of miles in that car, reliable as hell. Its a 93 or 94 chenowth,

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

bbraden

RDC Crypto
This one has been flat black for a long time. Maybe longer than it was red from the looks of the paint. I bought it in April 2015 and it wasn't race-able at that point or probably even a year before. I don't think it's seen any action in 5 years or more.

harleys dad

RDC Crypto
This one has been flat black for a long time. Maybe longer than it was red from the looks of the paint. I bought it in April 2015 and it wasn't race-able at that point or probably even a year before. I don't think it's seen any action in 5 years or more.
Just found out this could have been one of Mecos cars in the mid 80s

Bro_Gill

Live. Laugh. Love.
RDC Crypto
Funny story about the nuns, we were actually on our way home from San Felipe after a race(don't remember which) and NOT with the 11 car, but we stopped at Rio Hardy for a plant watering break when a car load of Nuns and Orphans slid off the road and into that little water hole next to the hiway. We ran over and pulled them out. Minor injuries. It was the core group attached to this 11 car. Next day, one of the members had a heart attack, but survived and made a full recovery. Good Karma goes along way in Baja.

Bro_Gill

Live. Laugh. Love.
RDC Crypto
This showed up on the OC Craigs List.

Offroad Buggy, Sandrail
That car was the old La Paz Party Mix car built in about 1977. The original car was very beautiful, but when finished, was already behind the technology curve as it had a laydown bus reduction box swinger in back and folks were moving to the bus IRS by then. The finish was fantastic and top notch with lots of chrome, polish, and some very intricate and different aluminum work. The car then became a 1600 car at some point with a taller cage put on it that ended up being racked over a couple inches. Lakeman is a drag chassis fabricator of some note in SoCal and the shop is still around. It was featured in Hot VWs in 1977 I believe.

NORRA129

RDC Crypto
Thanks Martin,
I checked this out earlier and wondered what is was. I knew you would know. Do you know who drove it so I can check trackside photos and try to find it?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk