Barn Finds, wherabouts, or i think i knows

rusco

Reaction
Looking for the old Jordan racing 5 car. Heard it might be in Yucca Valley somewhere but in a heavy crash that ended its racing? PM me if you know anything.

nrbill

Reaction
I already posted this in the thread "NORRA 2013-what is out there to buy?" earlier today.

Re: NOORA 2013 - what is out there to buy?

Here's a chance to own a real piece of off-road history.

If anybody is interested in a real entry in the 1967 NORRA 1000, I have the Bob Hagin-Floyd Fessler 1959 TR-3 rally car for sale(Cheap). It was a non-finisher that made it to Laguna Chapala before the engine expired. It was pictured in Road and Track's report on the race and is mentioned in Marty Fiolka's book, 1000 Miles to Glory. It requires a total restoration.

The pics show it in the race in 1967(not my pic), and the other two were taken just before it was recovered from the wash at Rancho Santa Ines, where it had lain since 1967.

PM me at alanbrickey@hotmail.com for more pics and information if you have any interest.

Attached Thumbnails

THIS CAR HAS BEEN SOLD. Thanks to all those who replied via PM's for your interest.

Alan Brickey

race-desert

Reaction
Didn't know where eles to post this!
Looks like the tires they ran back in the day!? buggys...... I think I even seen this on a bronco????
craigslist out of bakerfield, ca.

http://bakersfield.craigslist.org/pts/3655073761.html

1 pair of Sand Tires Unlimited desert trak baja racers. Size 33x10.5x15LT. 1/4" or 50% tread remaining. Call or text Mike 661-331-0 six 0 nine. • Location: southwest

Bro_Gill

Reaction
Didn't know where eles to post this!
Looks like the tires they ran back in the day!? buggys...... I think I even seen this on a bronco????
craigslist out of bakerfield, ca.

http://bakersfield.craigslist.org/pts/3655073761.html

Not old tires, but kind of old tires. I remember when STU made these, They sent several sets out for some folks to try. Nothing really ever came of it. I think cost to make a non-DOT tire for desert racing just didn't have the purchasing base they were looking for. I think Gary and B&R Buggy in Oceanside still has a new set of these in the shop...and he won't sell them! They kind of look like old sandblasters, and that is what is cool about them, but I don't think they have any pedigree when it comes to racing.

trenchless

Reaction
Steve McQueen's Jeep CJ would be a great find. Saw it in a book and some on line searches. Guess it was a prerunner and was raced at least once? Anybody have any info?

La Tijereta

Reaction

Attachments

• 1982.Mint 400.56.Tandum Buggy.jpg
    1982.Mint 400.56.Tandum Buggy.jpg
    410.1 KB · Views: 600

Rory

Crayola Killer
Reaction
Website
www.racers-only.com
Not sure if it's the same car but Jeff @ UPR racing supply might know where that car is.........^^^^^^^^^

NORRA129

Reaction
Here is my barn find. One of seven Brandwood single seaters built by Jim Cunningham who is still in busines today selling his Cable shifters. We will be picking up the car on Saturday June 1st from the current owner. Jim will also meet us and is supplying some missing parts such as the hood etc. This car was raced by Phoenix drivers, Jack Garner, Bill "Doc" Ingram, and Steve McArthur in the early '80's.

The car will be restored for NORRRA and will be restored and prepped by Dave Tilton "Dr Prepper" who does all prep work for the Bud/Buddy Feldkamp Class 1 car and the Malcom Smiith/Bud Feldkamp Bel-Ray bullet Funco. We are excited about going to NORRA next year as a two car team!

The car is very similar to a Funco SS2 but is slightly wider and taller to fit taller drivers. The rear suspension is very unique!

Brandwood1.jpg

Dave Simpson

Reaction
Hey Lantana good luck on your project! Do you have any contact information on Tilton? We actually went to high school together back before the 10 freeway was paved.

Thanks

Here is my barn find. One of seven Brandwood single seaters built by Jim Cunningham who is still in busines today selling his Cable shifters. We will be picking up the car on Saturday June 1st from the current owner. Jim will also meet us and is supplying some missing parts such as the hood etc. This car was raced by Phoenix drivers, Jack Garner, Bill "Doc" Ingram, and Steve McArthur in the early '80's.

The car will be restored for NORRRA and will be restored and prepped by Dave Tilton "Dr Prepper" who does all prep work for the Bud/Buddy Feldkamp Class 1 car and the Malcom Smiith/Bud Feldkamp Bel-Ray bullet Funco. We are excited about going to NORRA next year as a two car team!

The car is very similar to a Funco SS2 but is slightly wider and taller to fit taller drivers. The rear suspension is very unique!

View attachment 130697

NORRA129

Reaction
Hey Lantana good luck on your project! Do you have any contact information on Tilton? We actually went to high school together back before the 10 freeway was paved.

Thanks

Hey Dave, I remember you! I am Bob Lawrence, Dave Tilton's nephew that was drag racing my blue '69 Mach1 when you were going to Baja. I was almost killed in the Baja Bug you sold to Jeff Green when a bobtail truck plowed into us on Redlands Blvd. you can reach Dave Tilton at 909-208-1460 He works for Larry Jacinto construction and has been prepping Larry's Class 1 car for years as well as the Feldkamp cars at their shop at Redlands Airport. Dave has mentioned many times that you used to invite him to go racing with you and now wished he had back in the day. You can reach me at 972-571-2535. I have been crewing with Dave for a few years now and co-drove with Bud Feldkamp at the 2011 NORRA race. I am hooked on vintage racing and decided I wanted to drive next year, so Dave and I have partnered up on this old Brandwood car.

Dave Simpson

Reaction
Wow small world! If you guys need any help with the car give me a call. Is it out here in Redlands?

Hey Dave, I remember you! I am Bob Lawrence, Dave Tilton's nephew that was drag racing my blue '69 Mach1 when you were going to Baja. I was almost killed in the Baja Bug you sold to Jeff Green when a bobtail truck plowed into us on Redlands Blvd. you can reach Dave Tilton at 909-208-1460 He works for Larry Jacinto construction and has been prepping Larry's Class 1 car for years as well as the Feldkamp cars at their shop at Redlands Airport. Dave has mentioned many times that you used to invite him to go racing with you and now wished he had back in the day. You can reach me at 972-571-2535. I have been crewing with Dave for a few years now and co-drove with Bud Feldkamp at the 2011 NORRA race. I am hooked on vintage racing and decided I wanted to drive next year, so Dave and I have partnered up on this old Brandwood car.

NORRA129

Reaction
Wow small world! If you guys need any help with the car give me a call. Is it out here in Redlands?

We will be in Phoenix on Saturday June 1st picking it up and then taking it to the Redlands airport shop. Come by and say hi and check it out. Maybe you have some old vintage parts??

BajaboundMoto

Reaction
Website
bajaboundmoto.com
cool would it be to find one and race it in NORRA! Kind of like the Edsel.
A few years back I was visiting Ed Everetts place, Rancho Sordo Mudo in Guadalupe Valley (Hwy.3 about 20 minutes north of Ensenada), and spyed one of his old race Edsels covered with weeds and junk.
I expressed how great it would be to see that running again and he seemed excited but just too much on his plate to make it happen.

Dang, now ya got me thinking...
My 13 year digs old cars/trucks and this years Mex1k he loved seeing the old ones. We have been looking for a ~'66ish f100 but maybe the Edsel would be a cool project.
My company has done some decent fund raisers for Sordo Mudo orphanage so maybe that'd sway Ed to sell it...

NORRA129

Reaction
That would be very cool. I have seen pictures of the old Edsel's and it would be great to see one race again!

manbearpig

Reaction
Here's a barn find for yous guys. Bet you guys haven't seen one of these in YEARS

null_zpscadc5ad1.jpg

null_zps9618970c.jpg

Dickson design and development "joker" frame
Dickson design and development dual position forks
Marshall 12v headlight and guard
Big wide gold aluminum bars
Helm and Son large bore cylinder with high compression dome piston
Ported cylinder head
Helm and Son Stroker crank
Oil cooler
BAPP dipstick crankcase breather
Hi/lo cutout with SL90 conversion
This motor has a clutch!
Rewound lighting coil to power the big light
Canchilla chain tensioner
6pack rack

Who's got a good built atc90 story??

HDRA1

The Godfather
Reaction
Website
www.facebook.com
I am pulling out a parts barn find 4 gates tires. 2 fronts 2 rears. I want to pass them along pm me for details