• Forum membership has its advantages....

Barn Finds, wherabouts, or i think i knows

LantanaTX

No matter how it happened that was THEIR day!
It sure was! Class 2 swept the top 3 overall positions. Bobby Ferro told me that of all his wins, this win was the most significant. This was the only race that Judy Smith did with Bobby. She hit her head on a bar and was knocked out. Tracy replaced her in the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ol' Curmudgeon

RDC's resident crackpot
She hit her head on a bar and was knocked out.
Sadly, same thing happened to Judy's friend and editor, Jean Calvin, with far more serious consequences, when she was riding in a 5/1600 at San Felipe 25 years ago.

Another good reminder to always run your belts tight, your cage padded, and provides adequate clear space in case of any upset.

harleys dad

Sadly, same thing happened to Judy's friend and editor, Jean Calvin, with far more serious consequences, when she was riding in a 5/1600 at San Felipe 25 years ago.

Another good reminder to always run your belts tight, your cage padded, and provides adequate clear space in case of any upset.
She was riding with Cam and I, I tried to talk her out of it before the race started but she refused. She was a tough lady but I will always feel she should not have been in the car. She was my friend and I do miss her