• Forum membership has its advantages....

Barn Finds, wherabouts, or i think i knows

LantanaTX

Is the Brandwood pre- or post- the 1983 Parker 400?
The car was built in 1979. I am not sure how long it raced. It was originally built by Jack Garner and raced by Doc Ingram. Doc raced it in the US desert races about the time he was racing the Skoal Bandit car in Baja. Doc also raced the Mickey Thompson series in this car. The last owner/driver was Steve McArthur. All these guys were from Phoenix. Jim Cunningham owned Brandwood and also raced one of these at the Mint and other races. Jim and Doc were both very tall. Jim said he basically copied Funco to make a car for big and tall guys. Jim only built about 4 of these and this is the only known survivor. It used a very unique rear suspension with lots of travel and had a 12” over beam in 1979.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That may be the car I was in at a MTEG event at Sun Devil Stadium in Tempe, AZ, then.

No, I wasn't racing, I was being a body for Doc, as he showed medical personnel how to remove an unconscious driver from a single seat buggy. Thinkin' 85-87- ish.

And all I had to do was:

LantanaTX

That may be the car I was in at a MTEG event at Sun Devil Stadium in Tempe, AZ, then.

No, I wasn't racing, I was being a body for Doc, as he showed medical personnel how to remove an unconscious driver from a single seat buggy. Thinkin' 85-87- ish.

When Doc raced it, it was red.

IIRC, car was in Skoal livery, probably a later car.

That last photo is familiar enough and fuzzy enough to be one of mine, looks like a Puerto Penasco ADRA race. Phil required that font bumper material in the Sportsman division.

Doc and Jim are still kicking, AFAIK, so watch that past tense. I spoke to Jim just days ago, and heard Doc was playing with blacktop cars a couple years ago.

Doc Cook still around, too.

Oil4Whiskey

I picked this up a few weeks ago and now I am trying to figure out who built it and who raced it..PO said it was in the hands of Walker Evans and thinks Curt Leduc built it..1985 f150..has alot of race grade parts...if anyone knows anything about it please let me know... thanks

Attachments

Oil4Whiskey

Yes..I spoke again to the PO and he said it was built as a support truck/chase truck for a buggy team which explains the hitch mount tire rack that wouldnt fit the trucks tires.. sometime in the late 90’s he thinks..thanks

harleys dad

Thats my listing! Really hate having to sell it but homes in San Diego arent cheap. If anyone wants any info on it let me know.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Use to I would have said look in Temecula or Murrieta but man things have gone up. Good luck

LantanaTX

About $400 as a potential race car. Maybe a bit more as a play car. There is virtually no usable parts there for racing.

y2kbaja