• Forum membership has its advantages....

Barn Finds, wherabouts, or i think i knows

Bro_Gill

Found this locally, looks like a Funco that's been modified?

Any idea what it would be worth in it's current state?

View attachment 196319

View attachment 196320

View attachment 196321

View attachment 196322

View attachment 196323
I think that is a Berrien funco copy. The car doesn't have the proper front clamps for a funco and it doesn't look like it was modified to used those clamps, but built that way originally. Berrien copied the frame and body of the funco SS2 before they started doing their own style chassis for racing.

Simon2mAn

Hey Everyone. First post here. Im hoping someone out there (preferably closeby!) will have a match to this seat. Ive had it for over 10 years and just found out who the maker is.

Apparently its made by Beard in the 1980s. If it wasnt for the LA Auto Show and Galpins booth showing Uncle Bobs Bouncing Bronco and its matching seats I wouldve never found out. Someone recommended reaching out to you guys as maybe one of you has one laying around.

Any help is appreciated. I have a 1968 Datsun Fairlady Roadster that Ive been slowly building into a Vintage Racer and would love to have a matching set of seats. Not the exact era, but old enough that its still cool.

Attachments

Rory

Crayola Killer
Mastercraft, Taylor and Beard seats were popular seats back in the day and pretty much CLOSE to the same. The problem you are going to run into is getting the same color/design (if that's what you were looking for). Most of those design layouts for the cloth are all but gone. Ed Beard does have some old stock I believe, you would have to get a hold of him. The business is no more but he is in Buckeye Az (I think), maybe look him up.

Simon2mAn

Thanks Rory, I think I found him and sent a message. I also sent a message to Beard Seats but not sure the they are the same Beard seats who would’ve made mine

I appreciate the help

LantanaTX

This is a great race car. I had a lot of fun in that car!! It is not a bad deal considering all that we put in it. The race trans is fresh and has not had oil in it yet. If it was painted blue as the Bel-Ray bullet you would not be able to tell which car is which as it was built with the Bel Ray car right next to it. It was originally a race car built by Henry Aris and the restored and rebuilt by Dave Tilton in Bud Feldkamp’s shop. Bobby Ferro also drove it in 2015 at El Mirage. It was his first time in a Funco since his 1979 Mint 400 overall win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

y2kbaja

Search "1992 Volkswagon drivetrain Long travel desert racer " on Facebook Marketplace, Loleta, CA

1553091103851.png

1553091135592.png

Last edited: