• Forum membership has its advantages....

Barn Finds, wherabouts, or i think i knows

jon coleman

Some people see their childhood dreams in that thing. Kind of like why anyone would pay $100k+ for a Deluxe Micro Bus.
you mean that straight, rust free 64 bug i chopped, hacked, Butcherd into my off road dream40 yrs ago ( nightmare$$), is worth sumfin today if i left it alone???

Rory

Crayola Killer
I'm proof that people will pay stupid money for a pile of crap.........

trailready

Arguably NORRA's most popular car FOR SALE …… you know you want it!!

y2kbaja

1558111535539.png

Anyone recognize this chassis or the make??

Bro_Gill

Looks like an old funco or Hi-jumper with a new cage. Checkers sticker- Any names on the car? I can ask within the club.

y2kbaja

Looks like an old funco or Hi-jumper with a new cage. Checkers sticker- Any names on the car? I can ask within the club.
No names on car. It’s pretty hacked. It had a vw housing in it and the horns are cut off. I’m looking for a 2-seat chassis but not one needing this much work. Price was right. He’s asking $850 and I was going to pick it up for $500. I passed.
IMG_2246.jpg
IMG_2245.jpg
IMG_1558273414.414970.jpg

Bro_Gill

Yeah, rear frame looks like older late 70s early 80s funco work, but definitely re-caged. Front shock hoops and rear upper shock mounts are definitely of much newer vintage. Body looks like later 80s Raceco glass. My guess is this was someone's prerunner that raced a 1 car. Snook, Rogalia, and Arras raced the McDonalds Raceco 1 car into the early 1990s, so maybe one of their prerunners?

Rory

Crayola Killer

bajabird

I just posted this for sale in the classifieds.
Got the Porsche now, so this can move along.

A great car she was: Many Baja race wins, many NORRA wins,
and is now a great project to be rebuilt.

The car is being sold as is.
Transmission race 091; Is at the shop of Foltz, ready for rebuild; All Weddle racing gears, R & P need to be changed.
Shocks, all Sway A Way, triple bypass and coil overs in all corners
Race CV's & axels
CNC, disc brakes, master craft seats, pumpers, oil cooler,
Lawrence Baja GPS
PCI intercom, with push to talks
Seat belts (5 point race)
Window nets
Wired up & plumbed
Quick release steering
Limit straps
Tires & wheels

No motor (I am keeping the FAT type 4, but am negotiable) (2.6 liter pump gas)(with dual carb setup) Sitting at Major motors
Kenwood 110 race radio (negotiable) mounted in car
Light set (negotiable)

Attachments