• Forum membership has its advantages....

Barn Finds, wherabouts, or i think i knows

LantanaTX

that's awesome ! I'm glad it went "home", in a way...
Here is a picture of the car when owned by Dave Jeffries who built the car into a class 10 car after buying it as as chassis/body when it still had the McMillin paint job. I will post more pictures as I can. I am also glad it is going home. It will be a race ready museum car at the Chenowth Legacy Lodge in Baja. Eventually all the museum cars will be ready to race vintage races like NORRA. This year Lynn Chenowth pulled 5 cars out of the Museum to race the NORRA Mexican 1000. There will be multiple cars at next Months NORRA 500!!

Last edited:

LantanaTX

I compared this current picture of the dash to a picture on Trackside Photo where only the right side is visible and it is a perfect match. McMillin cars had very busy dashes and probably more wiring that anyone.

LantanaTX

So did you have to buy the wrecked Baja too? Asking for a friend!
We had to buy both cars. He did not want to separate because the Baja Bug was in the driveway and I think his wife wanted it gone. The driveway was also not a very secure place for it.

cynicwanderer

I compared this current picture of the dash to a picture on Trackside Photo where only the right side is visible and it is a perfect match. McMillin cars had very busy dashes and probably more wiring that anyone.

I'm so glad you drove up to rescue this car. I was the guy who originally looked at it and posted the pics on here. I had done a little research and compared what I saw in the barn with pictures I found of the original online and talked myself out of it since I was convinced that it was too good to be true. anyway, I'm glad it was found and will be restored properly, since I wouldn't have had the resources to do it. I'd like to go visit it at the Lounge once it's there... what are your plans for the Bug ?

Last edited: