Barn Finds, wherabouts, or i think i knows

racechase01

Reaction
Hmmmm....what is the story with this one. Anyone?
I remember when Isuzu had their program. A friend of mine worked for Isuzu in City of Industry at the time and he had posters and other items at the time. All I have left is an Isuzu emblem that is still stuck to the side of my toolbox in my garage.

jon coleman

Reaction
my first truck was a chevy luv, then i remember Isuzu itself comming to town and there off road effort to back it up, luv was tuff but 1800 cc was a little anemic

Bro_Gill

Reaction
Johnny's Speed and Chrome Early Invader chassis. Ohtoothin wall tubing. Fronts had a tendency to bend to 9o degrees from straight. CHeap fun, reliable, this one only met the first 2 choices.

ACME

Reaction

ACME

Reaction
The super fast Damon Jeffries Jimco 2 seat class 9 is officially going to be listed for sale with a fresh class 9 legal trans/motor/beam, trailer, dump cans blah blah blah. Call Jeff Smithhart if interested in the entire package 949 212-375six. Would be a perfect, inexpensive Norra car with some history for a buggy class

ORMHOF

Reaction
Only Brian Chuchua would know if they were marked in a certain location to identify which was which.The cage in this burned out one sure had alot cage removed,but the sheet metal on top of the cage has me thinking as Brian added it after I raced it 2 or 3 times,I believe between the 78 1000 and 79 parker,but whoever has the sister jeep could have added it to their's as well.The only thing is,in the 78 Baja 1000 we had to patch up the top rear shock towers at a fair pit at Tres Posos,I don't remember if we removed the bubble gum in Indio or Brian's shop did and it looks like flat bar accross the top of the tower for reinforcement.I don't recall that to be original.So I'm leaning towards yes,it's the one I drove as well as Dick Dahn and Jeff Wright.
There are photos of David Bryan in the Brian Chuchcua Jeep from the 1979 Baja International in our Judy Smith Collection: 1979 Baja International 7 - Off-Road Motorsports Hall of Fame