barstow night race

vman

Reaction
Just got this from Jim at more . More and snore will team up again in Barstow for the KC hilites midnight special July 27th . Jim said that KC lights is putting up $2000 for overall . More and snore are putting up bonuses for ten cars in class $3000 for 10 -1-1600 and $3000 for 5-1600 and 9 . Jim said that there will be one entry fee of $450 . The pro-1600 guys will make this a no points race with their normal payback . The car count looks to be 125 to 150 .

racing

Jack

Reaction
How can a just anounced race already have that high of a car count?

Tom_Willis

Reaction
remind us what the last turnout was at a more race. About 15 cars? Did an extra zero sneak in there? Is this that "fuzzy math" I heard about on the news?

BIG_FAT_LOSER

Reaction
The last More / Snore combined race I went to (Battle of Barstow) There was an exellent turnout.

Duct tape is like the Force.It has a light side and a dark side,and it holds the universe together.

kurt

Reaction
So, if your post is correct, I assume the Snore night race July 6th is canceled and this is it's replacement. Did Snore have BLM problems? I'm all for promoters having combined races, Parker was great, but changing a race date a month before a race? that sucks!

Tomack

Reaction
They are making that race to replace the fireworks race. They decided to make it just like the old days start at night. Alot of people liked that......

"If you aint racin, you aint livin"

Protech975

Reaction
The race is on! A couple of corrections to the previous info. The race is to be called the "Freedom 250 KC Hi-Lites Midnight Special" squeeze that on a tee shirt!
Both MORE and SNORE are putting up $2500 each in bonus money. Info and Maps of the course will be available from MORE as soon as Fri. also a list of entries. Contact Jim at MORE directly if you need more info before he can get it posted in DT. The race was finalized a few weeks ago but there was a mix up at DT and they did not get the Promo in! Also the last MORE race in Lucerne had a total of 34 entries. Thanks Rob S.

Attachments

vman

Reaction
Kurt the snore race has been July 27th forever . The more race moved back one week , the promoters wanted to stay as far away from other events . As far as I know the blm has had no problems with snore after their 1st race of the year . I did here that there was a problem with the dust in the valley . They say that the score race in the same area will have to make major changes to stay out of the air pollution basin of Las Vegas .

racing

sincitysump

Reaction
Dust pollution in Vegas?????? lets see on one hand we have 300-500 paddelwheels, waterpulls, dozers, trackhoes, trenchers, backhoes, scrapers ect............. in the valley every day, then you have Maybe 150 -300 at the most one day a month out side the valley, HUUUUUMMMMMM????? were is the dust coming from?? Huuummmmm??? I know ! It has to be those crazy turtle killing desert destroyers that race those air polluting dune buggy things. Yep thats got to be it.