• Forum membership has its advantages....

barstow race

nobrakes

i went and watched the race in barstow on saturday. there were a lot of cars perfect weather.there as a very fast unpainted truggy there. it looks like when they get the bugs woorked out it could give the LAND SHARK a run for there money? did anyone else see it?and what did you think?

mgobaja

The Truggy is owned by Wayne Lugo and built by Craig Stewart. It has a long ways to go to be able to give the Herbsts a run for their money. I also dont think that Lugo can compete on the same level for very long. I'm not sure how deep his pockets are but I would imagine the Herbsts are way deeper.It looks very nice but some of the engineering is kinda goofy.

dave

I WOULD HAVE TO SAY IT WAS A GREAT DAY OF RACING. LOTS OF CARS AND LOTS OF FUN.
ROB MAC CACHREN WAS REALLY MOVING AND LOOKED GREAT EACH LAP. IF YOU DIDN'T MAKE IT YOU MISSED A GOOD RACE.

Attachments

Jimmy8

The truggy was really nice. The race was super rough, but it all seems a lot nicer since I got 1st place. There ended up being 101 entries.

"We've done so much with so little for so long, we can do anything with nothing!"

nobrakes

what parts? and are you an engenier?how would you do it? from what i understand it has raced two races.finished both,two seconds in class.and KNOW ONE has pockets like the HERBST. its just good to see something new with potential.

mgobaja

The exhaust is run through the center console, between the 2 seats. Making it very hot in the cab and also increasing the potential for carbon monoxide poisoning is there was a exhaust leak. Also the header on the driver side is about 1/2" from the gas pedal, making your foor very warm.

nobrakes

true , but it's not an enclosed cab and they have fresh air systems,so posioning?dout it.they had to tape up the radiator/transmission coolers screens behind the drivers to bring the temps up.so i was told?

Jimmy8

You are right about the tape behind their heads, but I dont know what it was for. The other thing I found odd, was the coolers were mounted right behind the seats head rests, and it didnt look like they would get much flow.

"We've done so much with so little for so long, we can do anything with nothing!"

ntsqd

After seeing aftermath of a 5 car at Lucern that did a roof flop which broke the oil cooler right behind the co-pilot's head and must have doused him/her in hot oil, I'm thinking that location isn't a very good place for an oil cooler. Maybe a little lower with some ducting. Moves some weight down while we're at it.
Lots of OE cars (most front drivers) run the exhaust down the center tunnel of the car. Granted, most OE's don't put Dzus fastened panels in the tunnels. It's doable though the hot foot isn't a high performance feature.

TS

"Teach you all I know and you're still stupid"
-- Howdy Lee

Jimmy8

some of the first photos of the race are up at <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.winningphoto.com>www.winningphoto.com</A> There is not a lot yet, but I am sure they will come.

PLS

We had a great day at the race out at pit B. The new truggy looked pretty good going through the rollers there. Either they backed off late in the day, or did a driver change, because they definitely slowed down torwards the end. Best (or worst if you were in the car) action of the day was the Wisdom 1647 rollover. It was flipping and rolling and losing tires like crazy. Best of all, no one was hurt but they have some work to get ready for next season. I was wondering who had the hot prerunner(?) running up and down main pits after the race. That thing looked and sounded better then most of the race trucks out there. It flew through the main pit section like it was smooth running. Very nice!

L&SMotorsports

I just wanted to thank all the people who helped L&S Motorsports get a win saturday in 5-1600. Between the 2 organizations, we had 9 cars, and the Competitive Door car with Barry Thompson and Rick Johnson ran us hard all day. Congrats to Frank Puglia on wrapping up your championship. Glad to see you and Kevin Streety were alright after your collision. Special thanks to my bro for watching the mirrors and building a great motor. Also to CORE for the pit support and all my family and friends who make up a great team. I had a awesome time and am looking forward to the Parker 400.

L&SMotorsports

One last thing, I was wondering if there was any update on the two guys who got hurt Friday night in the 7 truck. I don't know who they were, but things didn't look good. It looked like the FD were getting ready to cut the top off the truck, and we heard the medivac land to take them away. I hope all is OK. Any info on their condition?
Thanks,
Tim