Barstow to Laughlin

cbsdd

Reaction
Just wondering if anyone has ever rode from Barstow to Laughlin following the power lines? I did it last year on my bike and thought it was a cool ride.

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team
Reaction
Basically you can just take the Mojave Road. You just need a street legal vehicle.

MP

cbsdd

Reaction
Thanks for the reply. I was just checking cuz my bike isn't street legal and wanted to see if anyone else has gone the same way. We took our time and did it in 2 days. The first day was real kickback we went to slash X and took a bunch of breaks along the way and stayed at the motel in Ludlow. There were about 16 people in the group I went with about 4 rhinos, 2 jeeps and 4 bikes. I was trying to keep up with 400's & a 650. We would get so far ahead of the rhinos and jeeps that we had to take a break and wait for them about every hour. The good thing about the way that we went was that if anyone got separated from the group they just had to follow the power lines. This was my first time doing this but as far as I know we didn't go through Mojave so we didn't need plates.

RacerX

Reaction
Thanks for the reply. I was just checking cuz my bike isn't street legal and wanted to see if anyone else has gone the same way. We took our time and did it in 2 days. The first day was real kickback we went to slash X and took a bunch of breaks along the way and stayed at the motel in Ludlow. There were about 16 people in the group I went with about 4 rhinos, 2 jeeps and 4 bikes. I was trying to keep up with 400's & a 650. We would get so far ahead of the rhinos and jeeps that we had to take a break and wait for them about every hour. The good thing about the way that we went was that if anyone got separated from the group they just had to follow the power lines. This was my first time doing this but as far as I know we didn't go through Mojave so we didn't need plates.

Do you have the route marked on google earth or google maps? I would like to see the route. Sounds like a fun ride.

Baja Fool

Reaction
Can it be run in a 2wd truck?
Not if the lake bed is the least bit damp. Rode across on my XR650 (w/plate) and was shocked to find I had to pin it in 3rd to keep from being entombed halfway across. I believe I have a google map somewhere. I'll locate it and post it.

GlamisGurlie

goddess like
Reaction
Not if the lake bed is the least bit damp. Rode across on my XR650 (w/plate) and was shocked to find I had to pin it in 3rd to keep from being entombed halfway across. I believe I have a google map somewhere. I'll locate it and post it.

How many miles is this total, do you know? Anyone ever hear of DARPA doing Bakersfield to Vegas?

sidekicker

RIP Lusk & Ox
Reaction
can u get a map Barstow to Laughlin following the power lines? i think so fun but it long route ?

cbsdd

Reaction
There are some sandy areas that you might get stuck in in 2wd. Nothing that extreme though. I am tryn to map out the route we rode last year. Unfortunately I only knew one of the guys I went with and that was his first time out there too. So I am trying to use google maps to route it out. So far this is what I have: Exit Dale Evans Parkway off the 15 turn right. You can Unload bikes or whatever right there. Go north on Willow Springs rd. which turns into Boulder road. Take that all the way to Slash X by the 247. Then cross over the 247 back to Powerline rd. Thats what I got so far. I remember going through Lavic but I need to figure out how we got there.

Baja Fool

Reaction
All I have is this PDF map of the ride, pretty much the Mojave Trail...remember you need a plate for this ride.

Attachments

• MOJA-we1[1].pdf
    206.9 KB · Views: 682

cbsdd

Reaction
Thanks for the info. Gonna try to sell my LT F-150 and hopefully have something street legal by next year.