battery

bajaboy

Reaction
Hey Guys ,

Whats everyones opinions on car batteries ? Is it really worth it to buy a Optima or should that Diehard form Sears be good enough ? All I run is a pair of Hellas and a race radio , does that matter ?

Later , Bajaboy

hoeker

Reaction
pretty tough to beat an optima. if you run your truck hard off road at all it will pay in the long run.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.rosshoek.com>www.rosshoek.com</A>

Some are born great, some achieve greatness,
and some have greatness thrust upon them.

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
Optima, especially if you ever go to the snow or plan to.

See ya in the dirt!

hoeker

Reaction
it's a GEL CELL. no water; run it sideways, upside down, whatever. it also has spiral cores, not sure of the advantage of this, but they are considerably more durable, and seem to last longer under heavy use.

i've seen one that was in a fire in a truck, burned a hole through the case, he siliconed it up, and ran a couple more races with it. the thing looked horrible, but it worked great yet.

Some are born great, some achieve greatness,
and some have greatness thrust upon them.

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
It won't freeze in the snow either!

See ya in the dirt!

Bryan_D

Reaction
THe spiral core I would believe that it would have more surface area than compared to a plate. If this is true it should keep a more consistent charge. Not sure if this is true but what I can reason it should be true.

Jeep this Oval Boys

Gabe Lara

Reaction
Optimas have the 2 year warranty, if I'm not mistaken.
I know its BS that they pulled the sponsorship from the TT (Smith/ Ashley), but its still a great product...

-Gabe