• Forum membership has its advantages....

Battle at Primm $20,000 1600 Purse!!! $750 entry fee

Robin Hood

Got a car. Just waiting to hear on rules.
Curious what you think is a reasonable solution to this? Are you proposing they should change the rules for this race or all races? Do you feel all other race associations need to follow suit or are you ok with More keeping thier rules the same. I'm in the same boat and would like to know the motors are close to equal, but in the longer run it seems it would be better to switch to the LC motor. I'm new to this 1600 thing so I am just asking to get a feel for your perspective.

J BomBer

Curious what you think is a reasonable solution to this? Are you proposing they should change the rules for this race or all races? Do you feel all other race associations need to follow suit or are you ok with More keeping thier rules the same. I'm in the same boat and would like to know the motors are close to equal, but in the longer run it seems it would be better to switch to the LC motor. I'm new to this 1600 thing so I am just asking to get a feel for your perspective.
MORE is looking into no restrictor on two seat cars and a two seat restrictor on single seat cars, would make them closer then adding 1mm to each restrictor. There should be no reason to switch platforms to stay competitive, some of us don’t want a LC, especially when they cost 8K just to convert.

C.J. Hutchins

I think if restrictor plates are removed from 2 seat 1600's, they will surpass the low-comps and we will be back at square one.

J BomBer

516 doesn’t run a restrictor, ours weighs what a 1600 car does and there is No noticeable difference to the point of what some are saying regarding surpassing The LC engines.