Battle at primm 2013

KyleMurray

Reaction
I know Parker drew all the unlimited entries, but where are all the unlimited entries at for BAP? Are they going wait and see if their cars/trucks make it all the way? Or is BAP losing its rep..?

BW1672

Reaction
after parker, I hope to see a lot of 1's,12's and 10 cars wash them off and run BAP. Its going to be a big race.

oldman dirt

Reaction
there is already almost 200 entries...It will hit 250 before the race. BAP has lost NONE of its charm or draw. It is STILL without a doubt the BEST race all year with Rage a close second. I would love to see 40 Class 9 cars and they are out there, just need them to step up to the plate and enter.....
Plus we will have a qualifying session...............Finally a organization is recognizing the little guys. Class 9 has consistently been a large entry at SNORE and now they get to have some perks...

x9racer

Reaction
I know Parker drew all the unlimited entries, but where are all the unlimited entries at for BAP? Are they going wait and see if their cars/trucks make it all the way? Or is BAP losing its rep..?

I think that you will see a lot of cars enter after parker , with the Snore drawing the week before there is no reason to enter early plus the race is still 4 weeks away .

LukeMcMillin

Reaction
Give the BAP entry list some more time... I know of a couple 1600's that will be hosed off after parker and come race. The entry list right now is mainly PRE-ENTRYS, which means absolutely nothing, anyone can type in a name and enter it. Give it 2 more weeks and more official entrys and names will come in from people that didn't care to pre enter for no reason.... Will there really be 60, 1450's at the startline? NO! Will 1600 be the largest PRO class come race day? As always, YES! The race won't ever be as big as 2010 but it will be bigger than it appears now...

offroadracer516

Reaction
1600 ;)...But both classes are going to have an epic race to say the least!!

Last edited:

oldman dirt

Reaction
Would be really great if they qualified the nines first...........give us a shot at a decent 4 miles.....
still have to have luck of the draw on a start in Qualifying .........going to be fun.

wheezy

"PRO PHOTO"
Reaction
What's absolutely rediculous is that you guys got stuck running with an aggressive unlimited class.

There are close to 20 5 unlimiteds (some with 250+HP monster engines that do over 100mph) all hungry for a win. Why they chose to lump all you guys with them I don't know. Hopefully that gets changed though.

Bryan J

Reaction
What's absolutely rediculous is that you guys got stuck running with an aggressive unlimited class.

There are close to 20 5 unlimiteds (some with 250+HP monster engines that do over 100mph) all hungry for a win. Why they chose to lump all you guys with them I don't know. Hopefully that gets changed though.

i get what you're syaing but i say leave it. The 5 cars should be able to pass with no problem. At the first HDRA race last year the 5 cars, 12 cars, 3000 cars, 1600s, 5/16s, and 9's were all in the same heat and it worked out

oldman dirt

Reaction
but HDRA only had a couple 9 cars ..we will have over thirty---5 and 5b should run in heat 5....just my opinion...
and in that race you are talking about Whitted ran right over me battling with Scott Wisdom so you are WRONG..............they caught us on our lap three, their lap four..

frostbite36

Capt. Hindsight
Reaction
I have no problem mixing it up with other "slower" buggies...gives me someone to pass...adds to the fun normally. Just remember where that HORN button is and get on it early and long...they always move sooner or later... Guys need to learn how to pass responsably...don't crash the slower guys by being a desert douche...

Bryan J

Reaction
but HDRA only had a couple 9 cars ..we will have over thirty---5 and 5b should run in heat 5....just my opinion...
and in that race you are talking about Whitted ran right over me battling with Scott Wisdom so you are WRONG..............they caught us on our lap three, their lap four..

I've raced 5 open, 12, 1600, and 9. I know what its like on both sides. I know you're in a single seater but regardless you have to be extra vigilant with the cars behind you, especially in a nine car. In a bigger car you have to be responsible for a CLEAN pass. A place you can pull over in a 5 open isnt always a place to pull over in a 9 car so as a passing car you have to be extra patient. Probably blame on both sides (as these events usually are) **
¡Ay, caramba!****
¡Ay, caramba!****
¡Ay, caramba!****
¡Ay, caramba!****
¡Ay, caramba!****
¡Ay, caramba!** happens IMHO. Sounds like a bad deal Giti, kind of a wrong place at the wrong time thing, but it sure didnt slow you down the rest of the season!

wheezy

"PRO PHOTO"
Reaction
5 and 5b should run in heat 5....just my opinion...

I don't know about that, not sure TT's and C1's is where they should be either, but maybe Heat 4. - I'm guessing the fastest 5 this particular race will be faster than the fastest 1600 (if said car doesn't have to PASS 30 slower cars anyway). Should be interesting.

SKM Built

Reaction
I dont really care where we race but it will be nice to be the faster class on the course. Dont forget that your not the only car out there. If you hear a horn or my siren be polite and move to the right ASAP and acknowledge the car behind you. I've only be hit one time by a C1 that never gave me a chance while I was going over 60. So I now how it feels and would never slam into someone without giving them a chance.

frostbite36

Capt. Hindsight
Reaction
I dont really care where we race but it will be nice to be the faster class on the course. Dont forget that your not the only car out there. If you hear a horn or my siren be polite and move to the right ASAP and acknowledge the car behind you. I've only be hit one time by a C1 that never gave me a chance while I was going over 60. So I now how it feels and would never slam into someone without giving them a chance.

I know what you mean...I got really smashed by a C-1 at the Mint-400 one year and it really damaged my car...NO warning flying down the Moapa-bound power line road at night...BAM!!!! We finished 2nd that year in C-5, but I had a lot of work on the cage afterward to fix it.

I have been racing regularly for a few years now and have never had to nerf anyone (yet) to pass them...

BTW, I am VERY disappointed not to mix it up with the class-5 guys at BAP. I was praying for my chance to get my first virginal nerf on WHEEZY!! Ha!! Guess it'll have to wait.