BD Dual 8in lights

dezert_nerd

Reaction
Who runs the Baja Designs dual 8in lights and how do you guys like them? Im thinking about buying them but not so sure yet. Its going on an xr600 if i do make the purchase

kingkong414

Reaction
2012-06-08 14_48_26.jpg I run the single HID on my XR 650 and I love it.....I also run the duals on my quad......like a spaceship landing.....they make a great product

trentk

Reaction
the dual 8" HID's are awesome, I call them portable sunshine. I have a set of dual 4" halogens and a set of the big daddy 8" HID's and the difference is astounding. I've hit over 80mph on the GPS in baja at night with the dual 8's.

Baja D "Diego"

Reaction
Who runs the Baja Designs dual 8in lights and how do you guys like them? Im thinking about buying them but not so sure yet. Its going on an xr600 if i do make the purchase
dezert_nerd what kind of riding or racing are you planning on doing? So I can steer you in the right direction..

D Bergstrom

Reaction
I have a set of the Baja Designs dual 8" HID's that I run on my quads also. (Wish Baja Designs would make a mount for my newest quad. Will have to have one built.) I have never had a probelm with them in the 6 years that I have owned them. They provide all the light I need, can't imagine anything out there would be any better.

I didn't like the dual 8" setup on a dirt bike though. I used to have a CR500 that I ran dual 8" halogen lights on, was alot of weight on the forks and made the steering do strange things. If I still had a bike, I think I would go with only a single 8" light, or run duals and get one of the kits that attach the lights to the frame.

Doug

dezert_nerd

Reaction
dezert_nerd what kind of riding or racing are you planning on doing? So I can steer you in the right direction..

I'm looking for something bright enough to go fast at night mostly. Most likely no racing, just riding, maybe a little bit of prerunning here and there. I'm not sure how I'd like the driving/spot combo light setup.

Baja D "Diego"

Reaction
I'm looking for something bright enough to go fast at night mostly. Most likely no racing, just riding, maybe a little bit of prerunning here and there. I'm not sure how I'd like the driving/spot combo light setup.
I would suggest going with a single 8" HID light race light over the duals preferably. With the kind of riding you plan on doing the duals can become a weight factor. If you guys are just riding trails down south the spot beam pattern becomes useless. It's a light set up that most teams use when racing Baja 1000 like this years peninsula run. Were as a single 8" HID light will give you distance as well as some peripheral lighting. You will need to have your stator rewound to run this particular light on your XR600

dezert_nerd

Reaction
Ok. What's the light output difference between say the 8in Hid and the Tecate Hid?

Baja D "Diego"

Reaction
Ok. What's the light output difference between say the 8in Hid and the Tecate Hid?
The lens we use on the Tecate light is designed specifically for aggressive night time trail riding by combining amazing distance projection with a wide peripheral spread and a smooth light pattern. The Halogen light mounted directly above the HID light fills in the dark area immediately around the front wheel.

dezert_nerd

Reaction
I like that setup a little bit more than the single, I'll contact you as soon as I decide to make the purchase, thank you for the help!

BGRANT

Reaction
Very nice XR. Let me know when you want to sell that 650, I will drive to Dallas in a heartbeat for it.

BTW..., can't go wrong with any Baja Designs product, customer service is second to none.
View attachment 122259 I run the single HID on my XR 650 and I love it.....I also run the duals on my quad......like a spaceship landing.....they make a great product

rmhrc630

Reaction
I run the twin hid setup on my xr628

Night into day - only issue is glaring reflection on street signs.
yty8abu4.jpg