Beadlock wheels!!!

DeCampRacing

Reaction
I have been running Walker Beadlocks on my SuperDuty for over a year with no problems. They balance just like any other wheel, just need to make sure they are mounted properly and the checked every so often.

They are technically illegal to run on the street!

Reaction
Wouldn't one leave one's self naked and negligent if one were to get in an accident while running non-DOT stuff on the street? Do you really think your insurance company wouldn't use such use of such parts as a justifiable denial of coverage?

ChromolyKid

Reaction
I use Champion beadlock rims on my truck, had them all balanced. I torque down the bolts every 200 miles or so just to be safe, but you don't have to. I've never heard anything about them being illegal. I see everybody around here running them.

Shred918

Reaction
I cant remember who makes them but there is a DOT approved beadlock out there now.

Chris Tobin

Reaction
I cant remember who makes them but there is a DOT approved beadlock out there now.

Centerline makes the DOT legal beadlock wheel... It is an internal beadlock and very different from a traditional beadlock.

I think the Staun Internal Beadlock bladder/tubes MAY be DOT legal as well.

bean dip

Reaction
Beadlocks are not street legal, but i run KMC Enduro Beadlocks on my DD.

SEANY

Reaction
on the inside of my KMC Enduro's it says "FOR OFF-ROAD USE ONLY".

Thats because KMC uses the same outer rim when making all there wheels that are offered in both regular bead and bead locks, except short course wheels of course.

As for street legal bead locks I have only heard of one but they are very different like posted earlier in the thread.

As for balancing issues you should be fine. We tested the balancing idea on a set of beadlocks that go on a class 12 car to see if it would help with vibration at high speeds and while in the air. Also to see if it would help save bearings and such. The results all came back positive. We have been balancing TT wheels for a team for a while now and they like it a lot!!!

Wendell #527

Reaction
The DOT does not have funds to test beadlocks, therefore they are still not approved. That doesn't mean their not safe, though.

Sparky

Reaction
The DOT does not have funds to test beadlocks, therefore they are still not approved. That doesn't mean their not safe, though.

The MFG pays for the certification, not DOT.

We can say they are safe until we are blue in the face, but that isn't worth anything in court when you are getting sued because you were in an accident and are running non-DOT approved parts.