Beadlocks

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
I know we have talked about this before. But now I am ready. Where can I take my 17" rims to get beadlocked? How much does it cost, how long does it take? Or should I sale my new rims and buy rims already beadlocked? Thanks in advance.

BradM

Reaction
I got the impression that you would have more important things to spend your money on right now. Maybe finding a house. At least you ought to make up your mind what you want to build before you blow your wad. You're almost as bad as a woman John. LOL

"The only source of knowledge is experience." - Albert Einstein

Snmiedo

Reaction
John,
Send me your wheels and I'll beadlock them for $155 each with either polished or anodized in black, blue, red, gold, or even purple.
Michael Cohen
Race Ready Products
103 Press Lane #4
Chula Vista, CA 91910
619-691-9171

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
if you are not in a hurry i will have 17" 1 piece forged (not cast) wheels
with the bead lock built in (no welds to leak)
check out the 15" version at McKenzies
17 s are 5 weeks away

jesse jones
J&J wheels

desertratt

Reaction
our shop has been putting locks on wheels since the early 80's. send me an e-mail and i'll get you your prices. but just so you know we only do off road only vehicals due to liabilitys.

drive fast and take chances!!

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
Scott, once its all done I would like to try and race it once in MDR prerunner just for the ultimate shakedown and to say I did it. But as for the beadlocks. That is purely asthetic... Looks baby. I am running ProComp all terrains because its a killer tire, But not something that needs to be locked on a rim. :) Disco Bronco here I come.. Tell John Travolta to save me room on the dancefloor...

scott

Reaction
Ah OK John, I'm not sure but either Four Wheeler or Petersons 4 Wheel/Offroad, this month has a rim test, with rims running with a flat tire. One was a steel rim like an Eaton or something, then a Alcoa/Mickey Thompson Baja II , and the Weld with a Beadlock on it already. Well when the test was done the Alcoa looked bad, and the steel and the Weld looked pretty good if the test was equal. The Weld did the best according to them. The only thing is I think it was a 16" rim so you'd have to check the size. See if you can find the issue and see for yourself.... Good Luck..

TRDshaunTRD

Reaction
i don't think that it was a true bead lock in that test though. I could be wrong though.

"Those who risk nothing are nothing."

prerunner68

Reaction
does anyone know how much the 15" wheels run??
what do they look like???

jeff

Reaction
The WELD Wheels in that article are the StoneCrusher fakes. They have a beadlock "look" - they aren't real beadlocks. It's like those chrome covers for drum brakes that fake people into thinking you have disc brakes.That wheel test was pretty funny. Not sure exactly what it proved that everyone didn't already know... imagine that, steel is stronger than aluminum?

Aloha

Jimmy8

Reaction
Jesse, PM me or email me your phone number, I need to talk to you on your rims.

Trophy Truck #15
Class 8 #8080