beam bushings

punchdrunk monkey

I mocked up my beam and the bushings slide in the beam loosely and the arms are tight in the bushings. I've read about reaming the bushings. What is the best tool for this to keep the ID consistant? What about the bushings being loose in the beam, is there a fix for this?

Gonzo 5/1600

The arms should not resist rotation from gravity when let go of...
There is a specific reamer for this, we got ours from McKenzies, but I've seen them at ORW. As for bushing retention in the beam, set screws threaded into the beam work well. While you're threading the beam for set screws you'll want to put in some zerk fittings. Hope this helps.

BTW- What kind of beam and bushings? Because the bushings shouldn't be "loose" starting out, there should be some friction pushing them in (sounds like something may be out of spec).

punchdrunk monkey

I'm not sure who made the beam but the bushings are from Mirage. I do need to add zerk's to the beam so that should help hold the bushings in place. Right now the arms drop but the bushings are rotating with the arms.

Does anyone in the San Diego area have a reamer I could borrow? Or stop by Poway and help (there's cold beer is the fridge).