Beam end ?

classified

Reaction
I'm working on a budget '90 v8 ranger build that will be used as a toy (when I say budget I mean in parts not craftsmanship hehe).

I'm trying to figure out which way to go with the front suspension.My stock beams are not forged so can't really use anything from those, I would like to use billet ends and make my own equal length beams and radius arms.

I guess my question is does anyone sell billet ends? I know people make them but I never see them for sale.

FullsizeFun

Reaction
There is a couple places that make Beam ends.
Or you could go to a junk yard and get the beams, knuckles, hubs, and brakes from a 4wd TTB Ranger or Bronco/F150. Cut the ends of the beam off and build your beams from that. They are stamped steel, so welding on them is not a problem. Plus you will have stronger spindle and hubs than the 2wd stuff. And bigger brakes if you go with the fullsize stuff.

classified

Reaction
Are all the F150 TTB's d44's or did they put the d35 in them too. If so how do you tell the difference or do they run the same snout and bearings?

atomicjoe23

Reaction
All the F-150's and Bronco's are D44 TTB's. . .the Rangers came with either a D35 or a D28, the 6 cylinders with the D35 and the 4-bangers with D28's until I believe '90. . .after '90 the D28 was discontinued, but a new version of the D35 with D28 internals from the Aerostar minvan made it's way into some of the 4-banger Rangers. . .you can tell the real D35's from the D2/D35 hybrids by looking at the diff cover. . .if it's ribbed it's the real deal. . .if it's a smooth stamped cover it has D28 internals.

Hope that helps. . .

atomicjoe23

Reaction
The Ranger Station website has a good amount of info on the D35 and the D44 in the tech section. . .there are a few articles detailing exactly how to upgrade your D35 to D44 outers among a couple of other worthwhile upgrades.