• Forum membership has its advantages....

Beard seats

Old Volks

Ive got early 90s chenowth with beard seats in need of some covers. Does anyone make these or is there a company who does restoration of these seats. I wouldn't be opposed to replacing them with better seats but this car is so tight my options would be really limited . Headroom is almost non existent with a helmet on as it is.

Moss2

They will rebuild at Beard. (or they did for ours). Just beware that you will end up sitting higher after the rebuild. I think they stretched a standard cover on our wider frames or used much thicker pads as they didn't fit like the originals ever did.

Old Volks

That's what I'm afraid of . There is no room in this car for me to go any higher but my spine needs all the help it can get. These old seats don't absorb much with torsion suspension and old 2.0 shocks my old body is hurting. I love the vintage look and won't even consider molesting this period car. I'm torn upgrading to a modern 12 car to give my spine a break. Guess I'm getting old .

Old Volks

That's what I'm afraid of . There is no room in this car for me to go any higher but my spine needs all the help it can get. These old seats don't absorb much with torsion suspension and old 2.0 shocks my old body is hurting. I love the vintage look and won't even consider molesting this period car. I'm torn upgrading to a modern 12 car to give my spine a break. Guess I'm getting old .

Old Volks

I emailed beard and I was surprised that they do offer to recover the old seats. Here's their reply if anyone else is interested.

You got your moneys worth out of those covers! We can do new covers for you, they run about $200ea. They are probably either Super Seats or Ultra seats- I have attached the order form for them, but I would like to see a pic and get some dimensions- overall height of seat, mounting tabs from front to back and mounting tabs from side to side, prior to building covers. Better to be sure we are building covers for the right model and size of seat. Our more popular material choices are available on our website, if you have something else in mind, let me know and I can send you some samples. We can send the covers to you for you to install or if you are local to us in Riverside, CA, you can drop off the seats and we can recover them. Lead time right now is about 2-3 weeks. Feel free to call me with questions.

Thank You
Brad Cook
Beard Seats
Koronis Parts Inc
Ph- 951-729-3320

BHollander

Yes Brad is a good guy as well as the rest of team at Beard and Koronis parts. Glad to hear it will work out without needing major mods.