BEBO - The Greatest Offroad Racer Ever ??

deano

McDeano
Reaction
ImageUploadedByrace-deZert1476135640.373351.jpg

ImageUploadedByrace-deZert1476135655.930905.jpg

The soft spoken third generation McMillin Offroad racer Andy "Bebo" McMillin, could arguably be in the conversation as being one of the greatest off-road racers ever. In his15 years behind the wheel of multiple McMillin cars and trucks, the 5 time Baja 1000 winner has compiled up some very impressive results, with solid percentages (see attachments) - The soon to be 30 year old has been a quiet winning machine. You won't see him in any viral driving videos or doing any promotional stunts, you'll only see him standing on the hood of his winning truck with his longtime co-dog Brady Thompson spraying the victory champagne ...

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

Jimmy8

Reaction
Seriously has been a pleasure interviewing Andy on the radio show countless times at this point. Always humble, thankful, and he is a badass behind the wheel. Going to be interesting to see these stats in 10 years at 40. You could be right... He could definitely be in the GOAT conversation as far as desert racing is concerned.

TRichards

Reaction
I think Andy Mac is a great driver but do a similar spreadsheet on Rob Mac over 25 years plus. Sorry, I think Rob Mac is the GOAT off road. Also a very Humble guy

baja_racer

Reaction
Bebo spelled backwards is Ivan.

ORMHOF

Reaction
So neat to see those stats! Very impressive! Andy is on his way to legendary status (if he isn't already) make sure to become an ORMHOF voting member and go cast your vote for all our great nominees, including Andy, for our 2016 Rising Star awards as we highlight these future legends and all the things they are accomplishing already!
ORMHOF Rising Star Flyer-final.jpg

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
I think Andy Mac is a great driver but do a similar spreadsheet on Rob Mac over 25 years plus. Sorry, I think Rob Mac is the GOAT off road. Also a very Humble guy

I nominate you to do it! Seriously if this was any other sport there would be those stats available. Part of the problem with the lack of professionalism in this sport. It would be so cool to know who has the highest winning percentage etc etc.

Rocket 450

Reaction
I nominate you to do it! Seriously if this was any other sport there would be those stats available. Part of the problem with the lack of professionalism in this sport. It would be so cool to know who has the highest winning percentage etc etc.

I agree with JrSyko I would be nice see Rob Macs stats. The man is a machine when it comes to wins.... But deano for all us regular guys I think the highlight of the stats you provided is, the 2009 bud light dash!! First in class 12 3rd overall proves the guy can drive. And not just a T.T.

nimrod

KOOK!
Reaction
Andy is truly amazing but I have a soft spot for Johnny Campbell. He won 11 Baja 1000 overalls and finished 5th at the real Dakar rally as a privateer doing his own wrenching. He's a moto guy but he's about as desert racer as you can get.
I don't know the stats but back in the day I think Johnny Johnson won a ton of races too.
It's hard to pick just one guy but Andy is for sure a big part of the conversation.

nohandslance

Reaction
Cambell for sure.. I say Bob Rodine but that was a time long ago and a great house in Punta Final.. Thank you Mr. Rodine for my first job and all the stories of the L.A to Punta Final Cannonball Run.

JoeyD23

Reaction
So rad. Andy is definitely a machine and probably headed into his best years.

I had a similar sheet on Dan McMillin's stats....

Dezertpilot

Reaction
He's accomplished ALOT, and he's still relatively young, if he continues racing hard he might end up being one of the GOAT's. Even if he stops now what he has achieved is pretty amazing!

JDDurfey

Reaction
I would say winning 5 Baja 1000's in a Trophy Truck before you are 30 is a HUGE accomplishment. We all know that "anyone can put their foot into it, but you gotta know when to lift" or you will never win, much less finish a race.