Because ROLLING your race truck once is too mainstream...

dan200

#BSF200
RDC Crypto

CZRMAG

RDC Crypto
I wasn't expecting that when I read the threads title. That was pretty bad but I guess it could have been worse.

Last edited:

Broncodawg

RDC Crypto
The three stooges are alive and well and racing in Mexico! Arriba! Love the way the jeep guy started to back out of the way of the racer as it came at him and then realized if he didn't stop it with his jeep, who knows how far down the hill it would have gone. Great training video on how NOT to upright a racer, but glad no one hurt.

MasTacos

RDC Crypto
I remember passing that truck later, abandoned on the track and thinking "man, that's one racked up truck".

Now I know why

mexgamer

RDC Crypto
Correct me if I'm wrong. Isn't it better to get out of the truck before rolling it over up right? Sometimes the injuries are due to the head moving back and forth violently in a crash; wouldn't that mean that if you stay in the truck to be rolled over you could get even more injured if you already are? Sometimes you don't even know you are injured in your neck and if you keep banging your head from left to right, or back and forth it can cause even worse injuries, right?
That's exactly what happened to Dale Earnhardt in 2001, and he died, now NASCAR has neck restraints (or whatever they are called) but in off-road there's no such thing, so it could be dangerous.

maxyedor

RDC Crypto
Good example of doing everything wrong. I can't be the only one who expected it to roll again as soon as they got back to the course though...

Mexgamer, you are correct, to a point. If you have a neck injury, you need to move/be moved as little as possible. An injured party needs to be extricated in-place if at all possible, even if that means cutting the truck in half to do-so. Rolling a truck back over with an injured person in it is just about the worst thing you could do.

That said, if the occupants are fine after a roll, especially one on a hill, having somebody in the driver's seat to hit the brakes is a good idea. You're not going to injure yourself by sitting in a cab, strapped in with your helmet on while it gets nudged back onto it's wheels.

BajaFand

RDC Crypto
Correct me if I'm wrong. Isn't it better to get out of the truck before rolling it over up right? Sometimes the injuries are due to the head moving back and forth violently in a crash; wouldn't that mean that if you stay in the truck to be rolled over you could get even more injured if you already are? Sometimes you don't even know you are injured in your neck and if you keep banging your head from left to right, or back and forth it can cause even worse injuries, right?
That's exactly what happened to Dale Earnhardt in 2001, and he died, now NASCAR has neck restraints (or whatever they are called) but in off-road there's no such thing, so it could be dangerous.

I think nowdays in off-road just about every driver in a faster class and most in slower classes are wearing head and neck restraints. No organization has mandated them yet to my knowledge though.

BajaFand

RDC Crypto

I think nowdays in off-road just about every driver in a faster class and most in slower classes are wearing head and neck restraints. No organization has mandated them yet to my knowledge though.

mexgamer

RDC Crypto

That's good to know; I would wear them even if it isn't mandated. Better safe than sorry! The cars/trucks can roll over and still keep going but your neck isn't made of chromoly!