BECOMING A CITIZEN!! need advice

MALIBLOC

I have lived in the states for 30 years and I recently got married , I have had a greencard since I came to the states, now I want to become a citizen.

Does anyone know of a person/office I can use , I have tried to do it myself but theres to many forms and I work 6 days a week.

To replace my green card its like 595.99

To become a citizen its about the same price!

I don't know where to go, Ive racked my head online and I'd rather keep the busniess between us here on Race-dezert.

Thanks

MALIBLOC

yes, she a citizen

trent06

Mush
Give me the weekend to get back to you, I have a buddy that became a citizen about 5 years ago after carrying a green card for about 30 years. I am going to Parker this weekend and will try to send you in the right direction...

RACERX686

BEAT IT YOU TERRORIST!! LOL J/K:D LOOK OUT FOR THE KING KEY CHAIN FLYING OVER AT YOUR DESK NOW... :p:p

Jeepspeedster

don't apply through marriage. having a green card for at lease 5 years qualifies you. Apply direct, its quicker and does not require your wife in the loop. Less paperwork and interviews.
there are law clerks (Paralegals) that do all the paper work for you. Look into yellow pages or Google it.
Apply in OC not LA county. Its quicker and the INS people are nicer.

Cadwell

My mail order bride became a citizen on September 11 last year and it cost her 400 dollars and it took a year from start to finish! Just after july 28th of 07 it went up to 700.00! She has to take a long test and passed then after she passed it took another 6 months to take her oath! FYI i am just kidding she was a mail order bride! my wife is actually Hungarian and has live here for 20 years and we have been together for 17 (and I am 34 years old)! Marriage is blissful!

Shaggy

don't apply through marriage. having a green card for at lease 5 years qualifies you. Apply direct, its quicker and does not require your wife in the loop. Less paperwork and interviews.
there are law clerks (Paralegals) that do all the paper work for you. Look into yellow pages or Google it.
Apply in OC not LA county. Its quicker and the INS people are nicer.
I agree, get a Paralegal to help you out. The last thing you want is a form not filled out correctly or missing something, gathering dust on someones desk and no one letting you know. Good Luck.

MALIBLOC

Ok and thanks for all the help, its just Im starting a new job and Im going to be traveling more , so instead of having a serbian passport and a green card, Id rather become a citizen and just have a US Passport! Its a pain in the butt but thats because I sell parts, Im not in the legal field! I've been lazy and put it off for way to long and I need to get it done.

Thanks again everyone!!

zoomlenz4u

First of all, check to see if there is a class given on becoming a citizen localy. Thats the fastes/easiest way. But from what you are saying, you need to spend some time while in the hotel filling out the forms. Our family came over in 1966. I completed the forms in 94 and finally became a citizen in 97. took 3 yrs but I did it myself. If you go to an office that helps you to complete the forms it could cost you an extra 2-300 $$$$$.

MALIBLOC

made a call and to have someone professionally handle it, do you paperwork and attended the meeting/classes with you will run right below 1200, then you have to pay for the processing and that about 595, he also said that the time is based on whether you've ever been convicted of a crime , terrorism...etc... in my case he said around 9-12 month, cause I have a clean slate.

What I did today was send in for a copy of my permanent citizen card (green card) 290 plus 80.00 for finger prints:eek:, and then I'll get my passport in order too,(100.00) I'll do the citizen then here soon, this is the fastest way my communist butt can get around town.

, just kidding I'm american like jeff spicoli

Fourstroker

just kidding I'm american like jeff spicoli
My next door neighbor is in the same boat you are. Her family moved here when she was 3 (She is 31 now). She is still a British Citizen with a green card. Her brother and mom are the same. Her dad was forced to get his citizenship a couple years ago for some security clearances at work. Her son was born here and obviously a citizen. If you looked at her and talked to her you think red blooded, blonde, Cali girl.

RC RACING

i have had my green card for more than 10 years i finally applied last year pass everything except the fact that i moved to nevada
an you are not supposed to applied before 3 months when you move to a new state, so i got DENIED.
it sucks cause now i want to reapply and is $650 bucks double what i payed.
now i'm applying for another green card cause can't afford the $650 at this time
good luck to you
BTW i did everything myself no problem just make sure you keep good records

MALIBLOC

Ill tell you one thing, the man on the other end of the phone was so F-in rude at the INS building, I couldn't believe it!

Random Thoughts Racing

Ill tell you one thing, the man on the other end of the phone was so F-in rude at the INS building, I couldn't believe it!
IMO punching one of our "office wanker" type government workers in the face would be prerequisite for citizenship... It would rebuild some much needed fighting spirit. Kind of like the dunking game but with blood and pain.

I would yearn to become a citizen... calling all CA senators...

Last edited: