Bed cages

Bryan_D

Reaction
First things first, I am almost complete with my Jeepspeed rig so write me if you need anything. Second the oil pan is what limits your front travel and you cant really get anymore than 12 out of the front. You dont really need it, we are averaging 40+ mph average in the races this year. This is with a stock motor and with minimal things done with it. Call Mike at T&Js or Reid they know there stuff. Also when you buy a vehicle get it from a company called AJAX Auto in Coachella the # is760-398-0147 talk to John. They have many vehicles cheap and they run a Jeepspeed and have won this year. They have 90's cars for 2500.00 that are running 4wds. T&Js also has cage kits or complete kits that all you need is the car and the kit has the rest except tires. We run 33s with a 15x7 rim and around 5.5 to 6"lift. They are a unibody and you want a 91 and up car with a 4.0 HO motor. If there is any other Q's call me or write.

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
What is the ball park figure for a competitive jeep speed? One that is "turn key." How much does it cost to run them for a season? Finally what is their finishing rate?

See ya in the dirt!

elcaprerunner

Reaction
Thanks for the unibody info vwguy, I was not sure but I had an idea. With that said here is a question about that subject: does a Cherokee body sit on some sort of pan like a baja bug? My best friend is building a bug and he is making it so all of the cage is welded onto the pan but he made flanges for the front of his cage and his motor cage with nothing welded to the body in case he rolled it or needed to fix a weld or something the body of the bug was easily detachable. Could this same thing be done with the Jeep?

P.S. Don't worry Bryan, I will have many, many questions to PM you in the future.

DIRT'S FOR RACING, PRERUNNERS ARE FOR GETTING THERE!

H.O.R.E.
Hemet Off-Road Enthusiests

elcaprerunner

Reaction
So why not 62" leafsprings? Will it give it too much body roll for and SUV and be super top heavy? I know it would lean more but wouldn't the back do a whole lot better? Or is it not worth the risk of rolling? Is it possible to put 62"s on it or is there no place to mount shackles because of the unibody?

H.O.R.E.

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
With a deaver race pack and a flipped STOCK shackle, Rangers get 18 inches...all day long and they are not near 62 inches, they are around 55 I think.

Kris
"Buy American before it's too late..."

Bryan_D

Reaction
62"s will give you an enormous lift that is not needed. Just run the Deaver Jeepspeed pack and you'll get all the travel you need for that car. Dont overkill it and waste your money.

FORDTECH

Reaction
hey elca you should check with r&d motor sports i pmed you there number a while back. they race a jeep commanche in 7s the guys at the shop were all jeep techs before they started there shop.ive ridin in there comanche its pretty fast for what it is. its basicly the same as a cherroke

im not afraid of dying ,i just dont want to be there when it happens !

elcaprerunner

Reaction
Cool, thanks everyone, especially Brian D. I will call R&D Motorsports soon, I actually haven't called them about their TT yet so it will be soon, thanks. Here is a bedcage question: My buddy took his bedcage out of his Ranger and gave it to me to use for whatever I want. It is made for a Deaver prerunner pack for 12" or 14" shocks. Will this bedcage work in the Cherokee? THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT! Thanks everyone, keep the Jeep info coming guys.

H.O.R.E.

Bryan_D

Reaction
NO the bedcage will not even come close to working in your jeep. Different size, shape and just about everything else. It would be like using a sandrail cage inside a jeep, they werent meant to work together. Sorry Bryan. Hey elcaprerunner I will try and send you pics of mine in the next day or two. Bryan