• Forum membership has its advantages....

Bed side mountings

TrucksR4Girls

Im putting Bed sides on my Yota. Can anyone tell me how to put the mountings on?

" Hondas are like Tampons, Every Pu*sy has one!"

Tyson

There are lots of ways you can mount glass bedsides. But first you need to narrow down what you're doing, are you going to have just glass bedsides, or are you putting them over your bed?

If you're going to have just bedsides, then you need to weld on some hoops (either from the frame, or attached to your shock hoop assuming you have one, or both). If you don't have the shock hoop then you are going to need to strengthen each bedside hoop (IE tie it into a few place). after all that you'll need to either put some bolts through the fiberglass, or some dzus tabs. (IF you go with the DZUS tabs get the ones that you rivvet to the glass)

If you are going to put on the glass and keep your bed, Ive heard one good way is to cut along the top of your bed rail (outer most part) completely off. That way you can lay the glass on top and put some screws in the top, and after that you'll need to attach the bottom somehow (for strength), Obviously I've never done it this way but I've seen it done.

I'll try and post the rear of my Yota to show you how I did it

Good luck

You may beat me in the flats, but watch out in the whoops.

Attachments

fishd00d

What A Joke
Here is a picture of mine when I first started making them. I didn' t have all the supports in yet.

Go Big Or Go Home

fishd00d

What A Joke
You like my new invisible mounts!!?

I guess it helps if I show the pic :)

Yes one mount is missing, It was under construction :)

Go Big Or Go Home

TrucksR4Girls

Thank you so much! That really helped me out!! I was so lost and confused and im starting work on it tomorrow thank you very much!! =*

" Hondas are like Tampons, Every Pu*sy has one!"

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Don't lie fish!!!!! You know it fell off! Hope you found a better fab guy..... LOL

Tony