Been trying a few things.

Dave Cole 4454

KING MAKER
RDC Crypto
I'm just saying with all this virtual reality and stuff, they are scanning the Pyramids and offering virtual tours.... I've learned more about the pyramids just following this red headed girl on Youtube that visits these places and somehow gets behind the normal tourist areas....
After exploring on youtube, THEN you can decide if you really want to climb the steps of Machu Picchu or not....

The world is officially coming to an end.

I completely agree with Green :)

jonnywachter

RDC Crypto
Website
www.speedhut.com
I get why this conversation has gone the way it has but isn't this more about seeing multiple trophy trucks race together in the same video feed than anything else? I love racing and I love Baja-types of races but I've never been able to experience it. I've tried to watch the live feeds of the races but they are pretty boring, and that's coming from someone wants to be excited about it. I'm excited about this. I think this is what this style of racing needs, to bring more recognition to the sport.

Advertising supports this site

Bricoop

RDC Crypto
Its not meant for you.

Youve already tasted and smelled Baja for yourself.

In fact, it's real impact will never be realized by anyone reading this post on RDC.

But if I show a million, 10 million, 100 million people Baja for the FIRST time, will it change the amount of people reading this post on RDC?
If you’re looking for testers…

🙋🏻‍♂️

…I’m pretty good at breaking things

Crusty Shellback

RDC Crypto
As Dave mentioned, it's not designed for us.
But I'm sure some of us would geek out on it a bit
It may bring more people into the experience. And hopefully give them a itch to come see it real time.
My only concern is that tech has gotten so good, its causing real reality to slowly fade away.

jon coleman

in n out.double double w cheese
RDC Crypto
i saw the world too on the Navy plan, it was educational , i opted for the e-1 through e-3 tour pakage , in port hanger watches were my specialty😬

jon coleman

RDC Crypto
Like maybe you could watch the race from underneath Chocolate Thunder once you've scanned the surface....??? You could be "inside" the rock as the vehicle crawls over you.....
😙👌💨

Attachments

• images (8).jpeg
    images (8).jpeg
    6.4 KB · Views: 0

Crusty Shellback

RDC Crypto
OK Dave, putting my geek nerd hat on.

So how far are you trying to go with this?

In car and 360 views of the vehicle you pick to watch run across the desert real time?

Will it all just be visual and audio?
Or are you going to push it farther for those with the right equipment to get full motion? Thinking something like NASCAR did during the pandemic with their virtual racing.

Full up climb in the cab full motion simulator.

I ask this because of some of the work we do.
Doing Test and Evaluation of missile flights, we do a lot of Modeling and Simulation. But to proof it out, we use real data from missile flights to validate their models.

Thinking accelerometers', G force meters, pitch and roll gyros, suspension position sensors.
Then run the truck thru a race and collect data. Use that data to build the model for a full up race simulator.
Then once its perfected, use real time data as an input to the simulator during a race to get the full experience other than the smells and dust. But would be about as close as you could get from your living room. Kind of a virtual ride along.

jon coleman

RDC Crypto
will the virtual co dawg puke all over the place when your doing Parker?, i think this could get a whole new group of fans into off roading, also need to have the post race back in the pits campfire bullshizznit beer fest& ' discussion'& ' story time' session, maybe have All the famous( infamous) off road bs professional camp fire story tellers gatherd round the virtual camp fire

nimrod

KOOK!
RDC Crypto
What I need to know: Will all the semi-secret moto trails in Baja get made famous and end up being wide enough for my Raptor?
Then, how do we keep them from becoming TT race course that nobody in their right mind enjoys because they’re full of 4 foot whoops.

Dave Cole 4454

KING MAKER
RDC Crypto
OK Dave, putting my geek nerd hat on.

So how far are you trying to go with this?

In car and 360 views of the vehicle you pick to watch run across the desert real time?

Will it all just be visual and audio?
Or are you going to push it farther for those with the right equipment to get full motion? Thinking something like NASCAR did during the pandemic with their virtual racing.

Full up climb in the cab full motion simulator.

I ask this because of some of the work we do.
Doing Test and Evaluation of missile flights, we do a lot of Modeling and Simulation. But to proof it out, we use real data from missile flights to validate their models.

Thinking accelerometers', G force meters, pitch and roll gyros, suspension position sensors.
Then run the truck thru a race and collect data. Use that data to build the model for a full up race simulator.
Then once its perfected, use real time data as an input to the simulator during a race to get the full experience other than the smells and dust. But would be about as close as you could get from your living room. Kind of a virtual ride along.

Thats the first step.

Second step is giving AI control of that scanned object (Bronco) in AR with the 'mission' of completing the course.

Third step is controlling a car remotely. With the outputs from a 'simulator' cockpit are inputs into servers on an Ultra4 Car. Essentially making a badass full size RC Car (Infinitely doable ..accepting applications lol)

Fourth step letting the AI control the RI (Real Intelligence)

End of this rabbit hole because I refuse to go down the military branch of this hole....renting the Indianpolis Motor Speedway.

33 cars on the grid
32 controlled by AI

The AI is informed by RI because we have ingested a decade of data (car performance and driving performance...which also means driving styles)...which mean the AI can be taught to mimic real life athletes.

You could race the Indy 500 against AJ Foyt, Rick Mears, Al Unser, and Robby Gordon. In real life.

Sorry...got excited.

But all of that is technically plausible. Today

michael.gonzalez

RDC Crypto
Website
www.facebook.com
Accepting applications? Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineer with experience implementing FPV cameras on my 1/5 scale brushless TT driven via headset.
Only issue was the FPV camera setup I was running was not 360 and does not pan with head movement.

A 360 camera, some software and wireless transmission and that issue is solved!

Sounds like you are making some of my ideas come to fruition. Let's link up!

Last edited:

Crusty Shellback

RDC Crypto
Sounds awesome. I'm basically already down that rabbit hole some.
Look up Self Defense Test Ship . I run the Combat Systems on there.
Completely unmanned remote controlled Spruance class destroyer.
Biggest obstacle right now is delay times if using satellites for remote control.
So we use line of sight microwave transmission multiple frequencies.
Cant have delays when targets are coming at you at almost 2000 MPH.
Not much time to react.

Google has been working on a serious AI system. They may have gone too far. Been reading some news on it.

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Website
www.eleusisdigitalcanvas.com
I think the goal of making desert racing viewable real-time for the fans is the big value add here.

Desert racing is the coolest Motorsport there is but nobody knows because they can’t see what’s happening. The amount of drama and great racing going on in desert is amazing.

So if this tech can create a VR world that fans can watch real-time all the drama that’s a huge win for the sport. Adding in car video and audio to go along with the VR vehicles, terrain, and real analytics would be a rich experience that would draw a huge following.

So cool Dave is pushing this forward and exploring ways to get our sport to the masses.

This could be the real World Hunger Games with the right tech and implementation.

Mike

Curtis Guise

Administrator
RDC Crypto
Website
www.offroadaction.com
Third step is controlling a car remotely. With the outputs from a 'simulator' cockpit are inputs into servers on an Ultra4 Car. Essentially making a badass full size RC Car (Infinitely doable ..accepting applications lol)

We made full size RC cars 20 years ago. This video is just one of two of them (starts at 30 seconds in). The other red car is in one of the early Dezert People vids. Looks like Youtube pulled the audio for some reason. Maybe because of the music...