• Forum membership has its advantages....

Belts

John Bitting

Administrator
Just wanted opinions on belts.. I have noticed a lot of makers of them Diest, Crow, Simpson, etc.. Just want to know what other people are running and what is a good belt for the money and why you like them etc. looking for 5 points.. Thanks..

Wayne_Nosala

The belts i have in my prerunner are CROW
* they have built in sholder pads
* they always ajust easy
* they are under $100.00 for 5 point 3" harness at McKenzies or karteck
* they come in almost ANY color
* I did an end-over-end crash in my buggy last year, my sholders were barely brused

Wayne

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Wayne_Nosala on 10/11/01 10:30 AM (server time).</FONT></P>

Jimmy8

I run crow.
1. they are cheap
2. they must be high quality if nascar is using them.
3. they look awesome
4. lots of colors
5. they have sternum straps available for not much more.
6. never had any sort of problem with adjustment or them binding.

Waldo

Safehouse
I always used Simpson and liked them. However, I was checking out the Crows and they look more comfortable with a little padding on the shoulder harnesses. I saw them on the PCI web site and the price seems to be reasonable as well.

Watching the CORR race over the weekend, one of the racers in Pro 2 (Larry Gourlie) had a killer quick release system. The 5-point system also incorporates "leg" straps and the way you tighten them is reverse. Istead of pulling the strap away from you, the system has straps you pull toward you for every piece of harness. There is also substantial padding with the system.

BRAAAAAAAAP!

mike_hinson

John,
I just purchased Crowe belts for my new under construction 9 car.
1. Construction of the belts is excellent. Excellent fit and finish.
2. They look great.
3. Good pricing through a local shop that builds NASCAR Southwest Tour cars.
4. Called Crowe with questions before ordering. It was very important to them that I got what I needed- as in very "customer focused".
I'm sure all the belt manufacturers make a great product. I've used Deist and Filler in the past and they also had excellent products. Crowe stood out and their products were readily available even when I had to order them in the style I wanted.
Mike

mike_hinson

BajaWaldo,
I'm having the same problem on every one of your posts. Your gif/jpg appears to be from a secured site. Asks me for a password also and does not appear by you name.
Mike

sirhk100

Yeah Baja, you're screwing it all up!!!

username: rogersgifs
password: free

'99YZ400,
'92 Ford Exploder lifted work in progress,
lifted golf cart

mike_hinson

John,
One more thing to add. They don't come with the extra "double D" rings required in offroad. You will have to purchase extras to make them legal depending on what configuration you purchase.
Mike

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
I emailed BajaWaldo privately about it, but I dont know if he received it.

Kris

When in doubt, GAS IT!

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
I likw Crow

Cheap
Padded
Colorful
Strong
Did I mention Cheap

Kris

When in doubt, GAS IT!

BradM

BW - that gif was funny for about a second then the bullshit about passwords started to get old. If you haven't already, fit it would ya? Thanks in advance.

"The only source of knowledge is experience." - Albert Einstein

Tony_Barraza

JB-

I own Simpson 5-points, BUT, I purchased those prior to CROW being in business. As I understand it, CROW's are MUCH cheaper, with same quality. FYI - Fred Crow WORKED for Simpson for YEARS! So he understands the quality issues.

Save yourself some "cha-ching" and go with the Crow's!

TB

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Well I am glad you started this tread John. I am going to be getting belts soon. It sounds like crow is the way to go. I had them in my ten car and was very happy with them. I looped that car pretty good and had no injuries what so ever from the belts.

Tony

Waldo

Safehouse
JEEES...I will fix it already. Just had to piss you guys off one more time. Sorry! I thought it was only me who had to type in a password.

BRAAAAAAAAP!

Jimmy8

The only problem I have ever had with the crows, is that after about 75 miles in a race, they tend to loosen up a bit, and need to be snugged back down, but I guess that is true with all belts.

robert_encinas

we have used them in our 1600 car and the7s truck as well as numerous prerun vehicles.they(crow) are indeed comfortable and affordable but do have a tendency to loosen up a bit.