Benefits of a backhalf on a prerunner

Dylan Rollo

Reaction
looking for some great ways that back half four link set ups are way better than a four link on your bedcage with frame rails, hoping some people have some good insight on strength, longevity, and quality!

J Prich

Reaction
More chicks, mostly.

Josh 8

Reaction
Removing the frame rails improves the "theoretical concept of geometry". What do i mean by this? Well, the thought is it should work better. But often times it really doesn't make a big improvement. Bottom line is that if you do not tune your shocks its not going to make you any faster. There are a lot of FAST 8 trucks over the years at eat whoops at 90 with frame rails.

But yeah, chicks like Caitlin in the LGBQ crowed love chopping trucks in half trying to improve the way the designer built them. LOL.

PeteRock

Reaction
One thing I can say from experience, is if you are really going to put long off road miles on your prerunner, the stock bed will start to fall apart. You will be chasing cracks, squeaks, and thumps all over the place. Back half the thing, make some storage boxes/racks and you will not regret it.
I spent too much time on my truck trying to keep the functional bed, but was all huge waste of time, blood, sweat, and tears.