Bent Frame

Mintychip

Reaction
I was out playing around in the dirt and jumping a little bit and when I came back I noticed that my bed was crooked in comparison to the rest of my truck when looking from the back. Does anyone know of a decent frame straightening shop in Southern California, Riverside County area preferably.

It's a 94 S10 with a CST long travel kit on it if that matters. I know that the S10's have weak frames, and I read all the posts here so I know that my truck doesn't compare, and never will compare, to a ranger or a toyota, but I'm stuck with it, cause no one else wants it either.

Thanks,
M@

matt_helton

Racer
Reaction
damn dude, how high did you jump it??? the frame shouldnt bent that easily. i know its an s-10 but you must have really gone big air or stuffed the front end somehow. about the frame shop i am of no help, our body shop here at my work sux, but im sure there are many people on here that can give you info.

RRose

Reaction
Call Dave's Wheel & Alignment in Riverside on Arlington, next to the Riverside Airport. If they can't do it... they will send you to the right place that can.

blind655

Reaction
Call daves frame and alignment in Huntington beach. They do awesome frame work

714-814-2940

Mintychip

Reaction
Thanks for the info guys. The jump wasn't that high, but I did stuff the front pretty good, my springs are too soft in the front and too stiff in the rear.

Once I get it straightened, where should I brace it to help it not bend again?

Thanks again,
M@

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
Reaction
my trucks the same way i dont think the frame is bent though it might be but i havent noticed my tires wearing weird or anything so i really dont thin its bent. i know my frame is bent up front though from the abuse of the cst upper arm bump stop bangin on the coil bucket. if you take your truck to get checked out tell me what they say. i know of a good shop in santee/el cajon area but kinda far and have heard about the place in HB those would be my choices on where to send my truck to get straightened what side is up? mine is the passenger side. i thought it was from my dirt bike front tire being there all the time withthe forks pulling up on the mount or something like that.

Gregg

motoxscott

Reaction
I hate to break it to you, but S-10's were not built from the factory to drive offroad. They can't take the abuse that other trucks can because of their inferior design. You need to do a lot more frame strengthening and chassis stiffening to make those things not fall apart.

They make great lowriders though if that makes you feel better.

Get the frame fixed, gusset it and dont pound on it too hard.

michael_loomis

Reaction
lol funny scott cause a stock ZR2 will whoop up on a stock ranger ! yes even an FX4

your post SHOULD have read .... S10's arent made for bolt on LT kits !!

hey gregg , what is the shop in santee .... mines bent but it took a harley at 50 to get it that way !

mgobaja

Reaction
The shop in Santee is called East County Alignment. I believe the owners name is Greg

michael_loomis

Reaction
yeah thats it !!

ALL macphersons chase trucks had stock arms , they did damn good.

mattrick8888

Reaction
lol did you know the mcpherson team knew the stock s10 frames sucked and they had chevy make them custom frames out of 4130? until you have one of these frames, your stock frame sucks no matter what you do to it. like jason said who cares about stock trucks lol.

Mintychip

Reaction
"I hate to break it to you, but S-10's were not built from the factory to drive offroad. They can't take the abuse that other trucks can because of their inferior design. You need to do a lot more frame strengthening and chassis stiffening to make those things not fall apart."

Any more helpful tips?

Thanks to everybody for giving me names of shops, I'll be looking in to that after the holiday.

michael_loomis

Reaction
lol ... no I failed spelling !! i need one of THOSE bad boys !!! lol

well , anyways , yes my frame has cracks , everywhere ive seen a arm rangers crack due to lack of gusseting , so i guess were in the same boat ....

as for the stock truck quote , yes , you guys are right , so i'll shut up till im racin it !

motoxscott

Reaction
All frames will bend at some point when you push the truck beyond its limits. My brothers Tacoma is a great example of this. The rear of the truck is rock solid, nothing will bend, break, tweak, etc., but since we havent carried the cage work all the way to the front of the truck yet, all that force instead of being distributed over the entire chassis is now being focused and directed towards the front.

He had his frame straightened and then I trussed his front lower arm mounts and then gusseted the front and rear mounts to the frame for the time being to keep it from bending back or worse. I cut out a tubular crossmember I welded in and replaced it with a boxed in portion to keep the frame rails from twisting. I'm not done yet, I still want to build a simple hoop to go from each shock tower but the plan is to fully cage it front to rear so the thing is rock solid.

I'll go take some pics so you can see what I did.

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
Reaction
Michael,

yeah its the one mgobaja said. i got the info from Baja concepts on theshop i guess they have dealt withthem before.

As far as the weak frame i knew that before i did anything to my truck i didnt care really cause i am still planing on doing something to it. i dunno what yet but something. i just didnt want the same old ranger or yota everyone has.

Gregg

tedmales

Reaction
i do not buy into that chevy stopped the production line to make 3 or 4 4130 frames just to use stock arms