Best 091 shifter?

zjohnson

Reaction
Looking for a new shifter for my car. It was a budget build and I am currently running the jamar chrome super shifter. I haven't had any real major issues with it yet, but I do notice a good amount of play with the shift handle while in gear, and every once in a while its a little rough to put it in first gear. I have heard good things about the Pro am shifter, but I'm not sure if I want to spend that much on a shifter for a budget build car. I also am thinking about the new Jamar billet shifter, but I don't know any one who is running one.

Any other shifters I should be thinking about? Whats the best bang for the buck?

Thanks

5racer

Reaction
a mid bearing support may help your jamar if you have a two seat car ,pro-ams are very nice if you want to put out the cash.

cogbox

Reaction
there is also a company called potter they make a similar shifter to the kartek for around $350.00. look it up on their website potter productions.

M.Harvey1600

Reaction
there is also a company called potter they make a similar shifter to the kartek for around $350.00. look it up on their website potter productions.
POTTER productions modeled the shifter off of both a fortin and ProAm shifter.
I purchased one but have not yet used it.

POTTER PRODUCTIONS
Ray Potter-714-306-4328

nice shifter at a great price

07FJRog

Reaction
worth every dollar (Pro-AM)

LukeMcMillin

Reaction
Pro Am... Only way to go.

Scott24

Reaction
Dumb question of the week. Do you have a bushing in the back of the shifter box? If there is slop where the shift shaft goes thru the back of the shift box, you will get play side to side in the shifter.