Best 15/12.5/35 desert tire option?

Josh 8

I have been using the Goodyear mtr Kevlar. So far so good. I used them in the 16 m1k and a lot of testing. I have spun them up to 125mph and no blow outs. They wear good too. If you are really hard on set of rears they will last 500 miles. If your easy they should go a 1000 race miles. I have only had one flat so far and was on a worn out rear at Barstow testing. I pushed sharp rock right through the middle of the tire.

The price is good too. I have a national account with goodyear and I can help you out if you want. Pm me. But no bfg pits.

Last edited:

mgobaja

if you are racing, especially in Baja, consider what you might be giving up if you step away from BFG.

There was a tire manufacturer a few years back, make a big push, sold / gave away tons of tires, several teams tried them, and a majority of them have gone back to BFG. Free stuff is nice, until it costs you podium spots.

Josh 8

That's true but... bfg stopped making a truck 35. That's want prompted me to go looking. They still make an all terrain dot tire but I am not impressed with it.

retroblazer

Trust me, nobody is giving me anything for free. The BFG 15"kr is in round numbers, about $500 per tire. $3,000 to put six on the truck. It's usually $500 ish to get Baja pits to cover a race.

retroblazer

I was off a hundred bucks a tire for BFG's KR's, so I don't think I will change. It's a less than a hundred more than the old style Baja's Iwas buying previously, and I'm getting a better tire. I was told that they may not continue with the 15" tire, so for the time being, there's a 100 tires left.