Best 1600 Chassis

<Cody Agee>

Whippersnapper!
Reaction
I am currently driving a 5-1600 and the next logical step is a 1600. There are alot of cars out there that are built well. Is there an absolute best chassis or is it up to personal preference? So overall, what is the best chassis?

CaptinCrash

Reaction
A raceco or a racer engineering

Martin

Reaction
Hostile Fab

Eric and Billy build a killer car

racer56

Reaction
After seeing rob mac spank everybody with his new Alumicraft, I think the answer is obvious.

M.Harvey1600

Reaction
After seeing rob mac spank everybody with his new Alumicraft, I think the answer is obvious.
take the engine out of any 1600, drop the floor and let rob go FRED FLINSTONE style and he will still whoop our ASSetS

trent06

Mush
Reaction
May want to look at this thread....

http://www.race-dezert.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63650

I am not sure if Matt is still building them since Trophy Lite is now in Gilbert, but the 1600 that came out of there looked good.

Also I would think:

Seagrove
Alumnicraft
Moulton

I think the biggest factor would be deciding single or two seat, do you know what you are going with as far as that matters?

Jorge Rodriguez

50% tortoise 50% hare
Reaction
Roberto Romo is building some REALLY nice 1600 cars...and of course Curry builds nice cars as well

M.Harvey1600

Reaction
right now i have a 2 seat PORTER PRC-1600 that i cant be more happy with, i would contact billy and Eric at ES motorsports in bloomington. great car and a great pair of guys.
i am also having a single seat chassis built n september and i am going with a CRUMCO up in Victorville Ca... talked with rick and decided to go with a builder that has 25 years of experience ranging from class 9 all the way up to trophy truck... i trust his judgement greatly....

i feel it is gonna b an extremely fast car so all the other 1600 guys, i'm commin 4 ya all again...
and dont worry the Flamed 2-seat porter has gone on a diet and she is gonna b a rocket ship also... cant wait 2 have 2 cars runnin next year

Robert Mason

Reaction
Different guys when with different chassis all the time. I think this class is more of a drivers class than anything.

<Cody Agee>

Whippersnapper!
Reaction
all of the threads listed aren't addressing my question. I want to know what is the best. Obviously whatever your 1600 is your going to say is the best. I want an honest opinion based on facts. In my opinion Lothringer has the best track record regarding 1600's

HDRA1

The Godfather
Reaction
i agree it is a drivers class and how bad do you want to have one built if you got the cash and you want the chassis you have to go with a bunderson you can pick it up in a week after he starts it

DanMcMillin

Crane Motorsports
Reaction
Curry ; Caleb Gaddis 2005 Triple Crown (Overall points, class points, Baja 1000 win) Rookie Year
Curry; Arnoldo Ramirez 2007 and 2008 Baja 1000 1600 Champ, 2009 Baja 500 Champ
Curry; Victor Barreda 2007 Baja 1000 2nd place. Led all the way down the peninsula.
Curry; Cody Robinson and Roberto Romo have a handful of wins in the CODE series.
Curry; affordable, lightweight, dependable.

I'd go Curry.

It's Rob. He's a bad a s s. Put him in anything and people will think that whatever he is in is the best setup. Rob does a lot of fine tuning to those gears and motors than most engine builders. Rob in a league of his own. No comparison. He spanked everyone at the 2004/5 Laughlin in a 2/1600 Bunderson. Is that an obvious choice? Or his Fraley too in the 05 SCORE Season? Won every race that year but the 1000.

GunnSlinger

Captain Backpack
Reaction
all of the threads listed aren't addressing my question. I want to know what is the best. Obviously whatever your 1600 is your going to say is the best. I want an honest opinion based on facts. In my opinion Lothringer has the best track record regarding 1600's
... i dont think there is a real answer to that question cody... just take your time and do your research, that's all that i can suggest

Curry ; Caleb Gaddis 2005 Triple Crown (Overall points, class points, Baja 1000 win) Rookie Year
Curry; Arnoldo Ramirez 2007 and 2008 Baja 1000 1600 Champ, 2009 Baja 500 Champ
Curry; Victor Barreda 2007 Baja 1000 2nd place. Led all the way down the peninsula.
Curry; affordable, light, dependable.

I'd go Curry.
... surprising ... but says a lot considering there is a jimco in your avatar :)

LukeMcMillin

Reaction
... i dont think there is a real answer to that question cody... just take your time and do your research, that's all that i can suggest

... surprising ... but says a lot considering there is a jimco in your avatar :)
I doubt Jimco would build a new 1600 car for you know a days. But they are good 1600 cars, we have 2 of them.

DanMcMillin

Crane Motorsports
Reaction
Jimco is pricey and they probably wouldn't build you a 1600 car even if you asked. Too busy with unlimited customers. For Cody, a Curry car with a Majors engine, BFGoodrich tires, and Fox Shox is the way to go IMO. But what do I know, I am just going off of facts and history.