Best 1600 motor??

<Cody Agee>

Whippersnapper!
Reaction
Who makes the best motor in your opinion? I was told by many sources FAT makes a very solid 1600.

harleys dad

Reaction
3 letters says it all, so manytimes engine builder of the year, leaves the others scratching there heads in 1600. There were some very looong faces at Battle at Primm from the racers that used "other" engine builders!!!! That kind of racing tells the story!!, I know the top 3 used the 3 letter word!! and had some really bummed competitors

GunnSlinger

Captain Backpack
Reaction
3 letters says it all, so manytimes engine builder of the year, leaves the others scratching there heads in 1600. There were some very looong faces at Battle at Primm from the racers that used "other" engine builders!!!! That kind of racing tells the story!!, I know the top 3 used the 3 letter word!! and had some really bummed competitors
..... wow all this time i thought you were a die hard majors guy.... learn something new everyday.

jsallenbach

Reaction
Fat all the way. Even though i dont race class 1600 or any other class for that matter yet. They have a solid reputation since the late 70's building 1600 motors for class 10 cars and 1600's.

C. Bucher

Reaction
I spent my money with Majors.... Who's got the most 1600 wins in the last 4 years? They've got 2 of the last 4 Baja 1000 wins in 1600. They're great to work with and I always see Andy with burns on his arms and grease/oil on his hands come race day because he's out maintaining everyone's stuff making sure they perform... That says a lot about their dedication to their customers.

Martin

Reaction
FAT forsure

dAdDy'S GiRl

Reaction
The most under-rated engine builder, John Manring!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course Im prejudiced and he only has a limited # of motors out there, but those that have raced a manring motor never go back to anything else! His motors put up with young drivers who make frequent mistakes and they run like a champ forever. Oh ya and 2 races ago he drove back to san diego in the middle of the night and when I awoke in the morning I had a brand new motor sitting in my car! Beat that!

wheezy

"PRO PHOTO"
Reaction
Yes, FAT is the best / most competitive motor. There are other options though that will get you ALMOST just as much motor for a heck of a lot less money.

Majors is another great builder, also rather expensive though.

MY OPINION (you know what they say about those) - Leonard "Mailman" Perez builds a GREAT MOTOR - for a heck of a lot less and he's at most of the races and had a few cars at the MINT400 that did pretty well.

If you are in the runnin for a championship, then FAT is the way to go. If you race for FUN, I think there are smarter more cost effective options.

TauMau

Reaction
Where's the love for Jimenez?

Deenracing

Reaction
Thats up totally for debate. I think a lot has to do with who is close to where you live and what is in your budget. Major is 5 miles from my house. I have never had a problem with them and have won many races with their motor. It was said a few post before that they Are out there making sure their motor wins or finishes. I think that's great customer service. One uses Chrome fan shroud, another red, another blue. Other than that they get all the same parts. My choice is Majors, Besides think there was a 10 dollar bet that said my majors motor beat a FAT motor to the first cone! LOL LOL LOL

MALABANAN

Reaction
I spent my money with Majors.... Who's got the most 1600 wins in the last 4 years? They've got 2 of the last 4 Baja 1000 wins in 1600. They're great to work with and I always see Andy with burns on his arms and grease/oil on his hands come race day because he's out maintaining everyone's stuff making sure they perform... That says a lot about their dedication to their customers.
Andy is the man. Eager and dedicated, great work ethic. Also drives with Bean. He knows what a motor needs.

TreyP

"F" you Bill
Reaction
The one that builds a motor that survives the massive ego and thrashing of the driver of the car.:cool:

C Robinson

Reaction
AW: Best 1600 motor??

major for sure, then fat, and it seems like fat has there motors dialed in when it comes to racing in nevada

Jorge Rodriguez

50% tortoise 50% hare
Reaction
Jimenez fo shoooo......works for Yiro Racing

Allan

Reaction
Major all the way. Ken & Andy are good people and reasonably priced. We ran his motors for 5 years resulting in 3 Championships with only 1 engine failure. (2 if you count driver error)

JAM 1600

Reaction
The most under-rated engine builder, John Manring!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course Im prejudiced and he only has a limited # of motors out there, but those that have raced a manring motor never go back to anything else! His motors put up with young drivers who make frequent mistakes and they run like a champ forever. Oh ya and 2 races ago he drove back to san diego in the middle of the night and when I awoke in the morning I had a brand new motor sitting in my car! Beat that!
Thanks , I appreciate it !;)