• Forum membership has its advantages....

Best class 10 car make??

CJEFFERIES

Jefferies Racing. Fortin 5 speed sequential, Fortin rack, Fortin hubs, all the best and no surprises.

Even has a v-6 with a turbo. That is a sick 10 car!!! When is that car going to race again?

These kind of threads are just advertisement pieces and who is not going to just tell you what they have. Of course everybody will think theirs is the best otherwise they wouldn' have bought it.
It's not always the builder, but what you do with it. How many of them stand behind their product like manufactures do? How many teams have picked up a car from a builder and did not change something right away or have issues? Be honest. How many people do you see enter this sport, get taken to the cleaners in some way or another and bail out? Far too many. Why do builders get all the credit and prep guys are the ones making it happen?

As far as the 2 RPI 10 cars, the Jimco has not been driven very much due to various reasons. I.e. scheduling at work, change in race series this year but it is a quick car and needs more testing. The 2 seater is like an old shoe. It kind of smells but Cody and Corey know it well and it is predictable. It is not as fast but it is a great car after many operations!

Jacob7672

Nimrod de Ashcraft
Even has a v-6 with a turbo. That is a sick 10 car!!! When is that car going to race again?

These kind of threads are just advertisement pieces and who is not going to just tell you what they have. Of course everybody will think theirs is the best otherwise they wouldn' have bought it.
It's not always the builder, but what you do with it. How many of them stand behind their product like manufactures do? How many teams have picked up a car from a builder and did not change something right away or have issues? Be honest. How many people do you see enter this sport, get taken to the cleaners in some way or another and bail out? Far too many. Why do builders get all the credit and prep guys are the ones making it happen?

As far as the 2 RPI 10 cars, the Jimco has not been driven very much due to various reasons. I.e. scheduling at work, change in race series this year but it is a quick car and needs more testing. The 2 seater is like an old shoe. It kind of smells but Cody and Corey know it well and it is predictable. It is not as fast but it is a great car after many operations!
I agree with you said for sure and it's the truth! That being said think about what you said for a second... You are a prep guy rooting for prep guys while (Brian) fusion is a builder promoting his cars and owners are promoting the cars they own. Is there a difference?

9rocky

I agree with you said for sure and it's the truth! That being said think about what you said for a second... You are a prep guy rooting for prep guys while (Brian) fusion is a builder promoting his cars and owners are promoting the cars they own. Is there a difference?

From the buyer/owner perspective, when someone pays $XXXXXXX for a car, there is no clause in the contract where it says you have to be a pom pom waving marketing machine for someone. If you are happy with the build, and the customer service and quality of the product, and the builder stands behind their work, then you promote them. If you are not, then you do not. And people should take notice when someone is very dis satisfied with a builder.

Prep guys are the ones that get the results, a great car with a bad prep aint going to do squat. That is why you see a bunch of Geiser trucks do great, and some that never do anything.

Last edited:

CJEFFERIES

Back on subject though. It depends on what one has in mind:
Resale and popular brand: jimco
Toughness: I D designs
Quick/ nimble: alumacraft or racer
Not enough info: raceco, Jefferies or others not mentioned (sorry).
All in my opinion based on what I see.
A good chassis with bad components will not work however.
A not as good chassis with good components will work better.

Robin Hood

You'll only find cheerleaders here...Desert racing is to small a community to get the dirt on any of the known builders.

Just remember...If you buy from the best salesman you might end up feeling like the stepchild after the wedding.

Don't take the easy way out. Find the needle in the haystack.

Last edited:

241rivmasta

GET Performance have a good 10 car. I have been lucky enough to race in a GET 1 car here in Aus and was lucky enough to sit beside Harley Letner in the car when he came over and it works great and l know nothing has been changed on the car from what Gene Towler built and delivered.

fusionoffroad

I do agree we have some bad seeds in this industry which is something I struggle with as a newer company "10 years" in this industry . that is why my advice is to talk to the builder. and most important talk to his past customers. and his parts venders. You will get the truth on the performance, maintenance, and most of all at the end of the day did you get screwed. yes there are some good builders out there. make sure you find one of them and don't get taken as CJefferies is right. people come in get screwed and go out of this industry way to often.

mike mcqueen

Yes there are bad seeds in this industry. Jason Lafortune is another good builder to look at. He has won the 500 and 1000 with his cars and the Dakar in south america with another build. Preparation is everything, if you have good equiptment to start with.

redmist

I own an older Jimco, have owned a Jimco 2000 and am currently building up a Tatum. The Tatum is just stunning in terms of build quality, its simple and clever design and the amazing support I've had from Rich.
Should I have a choice between the Tatum and Jimco 2000 I'd simply pick the Tatum because I'm reasonably budget constraint and like the straight front arm and bulkhead design of the Tatum.

CRAIG_HALL

Casey has all the right info. He's worked on everything his entire life practically, been on the builder side ( his last name) and is without a doubt a widely respected prep guy, willing to give anyone help. If you're buying new, it all depends on what salesman (builder) you like. They'll all tell you the same, some are better built and nicer finished but all can be almost equal with proper prep.

I suggest talking to owners first, then the builders.

Robin Hood

I will say that I did not have a positive experiance with Jimco when I purchased a new car from them.

Out of all the shops that I have done business with in the off road industry, Weddle Industries has been a class above the rest and Major Performance is not to far behind.

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
What builders are putting out a 10 car at 2400lbs or less on the start line ready to race? How about 2000lbs? Cars (and trucks) these days are looking uber heavy.