Best dump cans

What the best 11 gallon dump can?

• Total voters

Josh 8

Reaction
Hey guys. I need to buy a bunch of 11 gallon dump cans.

Which one is the best?

Hunsacker, IMS or Fuel Safe?

And why if you will take a few minutes to explain.

Thanks,

Josh

Last edited:

DeRaRa

Reaction
I only have experience with Hunsaker, their dump cans are well made, they are So-Cal local, and dump cans were delivered to my house one day after order.

biggjim

Reaction
I like the fuel safe cans once you get that big, they are round and easier to manage Solo.

Fourstroker

Reaction
If you are going to use a dry break i would go with the fuel safe round cans. Other wise I like the hunsaker cans for non-dry break applications. More fuel in the hunsakers

Zambo

Reaction
Easier to transport the square ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike @ pit b

#Mike@PlanB
Reaction
The Hunsackers are really thin and get brittle after time. We've had 3 or 4 of them crack while at a pit. Fuel Safe is best IMO.

mgobaja

Reaction
I have seen the square cans blow corners out when they are not gently set down, also seem to be thinner and crack easier. The IMS round cans seem to hold up well, and when on your shoulder, the corner is not making the can awkward. Biggest thing i think is getting your crew to treat them with care as best possible.

And as mentioned above, whatever brand holds 13 gallons, yes it is a bit more fuel, but also heavier for people that are use to 11 gallons, to now add another 16 lbs of fuel it is shocking.

Baja Dad

Reaction
IMS made in Riverside Ca
I can drop them of (in socal foe a small fee )
They Hold up great
Plus I can offer a racer discount !!!!

Josh 8

Reaction
Thanks guys. I have had the hunsacker crack when dropped. I am sure fuel safe's are good . But IMS did a double throw down hook up on 20 of them. So good I am going to try them.

Thanks for the help.

scottm

Reaction
The round red ones are long lasting but hard to see the fuel. I have had the hunsakers crack in the vent tube, but they do nest better. I'm going to check out the IMS right now..

notime

NTR Films media guy
Reaction
IMS hands down

calexiraptor

Reaction
Anyone need an IMS redhead valve? Got one laying around taking up space, id rather have it take some space in my wallet

Josh 8

Reaction
IMG_0436.JPG

Doesn't look like it but there are twenty dump cans in the bed.

Anger Issues

Reaction
Here is something to consider: We have started going with lots more of the JAZ 7-gallon "no-glug jug". They poor fast as hell, are square for easy transport (round kinda sucks), and most importantly, are really easy for a single person to lift. With our small team, sometimes only one person gets fuel duty. Picking up those 10 and 11 gallon cans can be tough and MESSY when you miss while stabbing it in there. I really like these, and spreading multiple cans to the several chase teams gives lots of options. Just my two cents, I like them.
http://www.jazproducts.com/store/7-gallon-no-glug-jug

tapeworm

Reaction
One other plus to the 7 gallon jug is if only one person is fueling, it's one less person inside the fueling zone thus reducing the risk of multiple people getting burned if something were to happen

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

johndjmix

Reaction
Tell you what, my team just got one of the dry break ones from jegs, only $40 each. Plastic dry break and they aren't fast like a real dry break but for the price they are a good can. Obseovously not for a trophy truck team but for the slower classes, you can't beat the price.

--John

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

bfiguy

Reaction
Hunsaker is aware of some of the issues here. They changed manufacturers and beefed wall thickness. Also offering tough 6 gallon jugs that max at 8. Good all-around size 1 person can lift and pour.

bfiguy

Reaction
I had a full Hunsaker 11 fly off my rear rack on a speed bump in Jesus-Maria. It flew 6' up and landed on the corner. No leaks even though it crumpled.