• Forum membership has its advantages....

On Topic Best E-Rated AT Tires??

JoeyD23

So I just got a new 2017 F350 4x4. I'm preparing to line up some tires and ideally would like to stick with BFG. I've learned that their site sucks for information. (At least from a mobile platform)

The truck came with 20" wheels and I like the look of a 20" wheel with a 35" tire. (47s look better but I don't want to change gearing) I've already acquired new 20" Walker Evans Wheels.

My question is, what's the best E-Rated AT tire out there? I will be towing some heavy loads but I'll also be chasing and doing some light off road driving without a load in the bed or on a trailer and plan to drive this truck quite a bit.

1. Durability / Longevity
2. Rated for towing
3. Off-Road Capable
4. Look good

I need some help here...

Dirty Harry

I have had really good luck with the Toyo Open Country A/T on heavy fullsize trucks. They don't work quite as well as the BFGs off-road due to the smaller voids, but I feel that they are better in the other three areas you list as priorities.

JoeyD23

I have had really good luck with the Toyo Open Country A/T on heavy fullsize trucks. They don't work quite as well as the BFGs off-road due to the smaller voids, but I feel that they are better in the other three areas you list as priorities.
I ran Toyo Open Country AT before and they lasted the longest of any tire I have owned.

baja619

As with Toyo being an all around great option that seem to be high quality and very versatile tire, you can get all that and more with Nitto's new E Rated Ridge Grappler.

Ridge Grappler Light Truck Tire

These are a bit of a hybrid and seem to offer great on road performance and all the benefits of an off road tire.

Kyle D

I am going to throw another vote in the hat for Toyo Open Country A/T 2. They opened the voids up a little bit and added some sidewall tread. On the weld racing wheels on my truck the tires took less than 1.5 ounces each to balance which is something I have always looked at. I have also ran Bridgestones and BFG tires on the same wheels and they took over 3 each which kind of makes me question manufacturing consistency. Maybe I'm looking too far into but that's sort of my job to analyze and see trends that cause problems. I didn't get the life out of the others as I have the Toyos. My truck has just shy of 300,000 miles so I've been through a few sets of tires.

07FJRog

Go toyo, i hate my bfg at2s on my f350. No good anywhere, they are quiet that is all i would give them.
Cooper has a nice tire that also has a 50k warranty and most truck tires do not

JDDurfey

I run Hankook Dynapro ATM tires on my Dodge service truck. It weighs 13,000 lb all the time. For the money I have had great success with them. I don't know what rim and tire sizes they make them in, but I was always happy with them on my truck. The only down fall, is that when brand new they road walk for about the first 1000 miles. I put a comparable set of Toyos on once and they were way worse so I went back the very same day and traded for the Hankooks and they were much better.

J_Edgar

I would second the Hankook Dynapro ATM. Had a set on my 08 Superduty and they did great in all conditions, including snow and ice. Had 60K on them when I took them off. Tried a set of the new Nitto Terra Grappler2,on my 13 Superduty and they were JUNK!! They were literally crumbling apart with under 30K on them, took them off and went back to the Hankook. they have nearly 30K on them and look great.

De Minimis

You might take a look at Duratracs. Put a set on my former 3500 and I was extremely pleased with them. Had several sets of Toyos on other rigs (3500 and e350 Sportsmobile (10k pounds)) and for me, Duratracs hands down. Metric sizes, but their biggest in a 20 measures out to 35.5". Wish they made them for my 5500.