Best fabricatkr of record...

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
Re: Best fabricator of record...

im going to have either go with kevin bunderson, the guy is a bad ass fabricator, also dave snoddy is right up there at the top. and lets not forget the almighty kreg donahoe.

Donahoe

Reaction

Does anyone Remember Rick Shope... He use to work for Bill Stropp??? He built Rod Halls Dodge trucks... THAT GUY WAS REALLY GOOD...I wonder what happend to him?

NEVER LIFT!!!!!

JenDiggityDirt

Reaction

It's very cool to see so many people recognizing Jason Campbell in here. I WISH he had built my truck, but from what I've seen on other trucks and from what I've heard from anyone who's ever talked about Camburg, they are definitely top-notch. Jason also does (in my opinion) THE prettiest welds out there. H&M Motorsports do some mighty-fine welding, too. Here's my vote though: Dan Huseman (and I'm guessing this would be Greg's vote, too...I'll have to tell him about this thread and then I'm sure he'll agree). He does some innovative and incredibly "smart" stuff, he obviously puts great care into every tiny detail, and his work is just beautiful. Most importantly IT WORKS. One of our IP members, Ryan Rose, is having his second truck built by Huseman and it is seriously one of the nicest trucks I've ever seen.
P.S. I agree...the new Dez People 2.0 rocks! It seems like it's potential just keeps growing and growing!

<font color=white>JEN</font color=white>

Eric_Record

Reaction

>>>having his second truck built by Huseman and it is seriously one of the nicest trucks I've ever seen.<<< cmon Jen we want pictures !!!!! got any ?

my 3 favorites for best Fabber are #1 Randy Anderson, #2 Mike Smith and, #3 Russ W.

not to be left out and to good to be just an "also mentioned" are Kev Bunderson (no offence Kev). Kreg D-ho

Damn I feel bad leaving Jon Nelson out of my top 3 but thats the way I see it.

Kreg, i got a message for you from Lapito in La Paz......he told me to say "Hola amigo !"... he's a great guy.

Go Desert Productions ~~~~~~~~~~ http://www.go-desert.com

Jerry Zaiden

Reaction

Wow! I am sure Jason would love to read what you have wrote. :)

This has to be one of the hardest questions to answer. I don't think there is a best fabricator. I think there is one major factor; technology. As technology grows so does the ability of the good fabricators. I think it also takes great ideas, inovation, and persistance. Always pushing the limits in what you can do in whatever you do.

I have seen and love the work from the guys at H&M, Gessler, the work from Mike Smith, Steve Hatch (Old Baldwin Fabricator), Dave Frugia, Nobu (rod Millen) etc.... This list goes on and on.

I guess my point is push the limits, go big, try something new, be persistant and go for the top. Don't settle for second best, Strive for the best. When you see this in you favorit fabricator then you know you have found YOUR best fabricator.

rdc

Reaction

Nester Berardi and Plank sure did some nice trucks also.

scott

Reaction

Hey Jerry, you know who I like............. Only want the best working on my junk, hehehehe

mgobaja

Reaction

What about Mike Julson ( JIMCO ) . He seems to have a top notch way of building a-arm buggies. They just keep posting wins, with no end in sight.

Junior

Reaction

I don't know enough about the subject to venture a schooled opinion as to the best ever but I did hear that the late Larry Plank did some pretty nice work. I know that his "Drool Factor 10" pre-runner that Dane has sure does give me a woody.

Junior
EJR Racing #244

rdc

Reaction

I really like the work that H&M do. I think that Buff and Kevin will be suprising more and more people at the races.

JenDiggityDirt

Reaction

Eric Record...why, yes, I do so happen to have a pic showing some of Dan Huesman's work on Ryan Rose's Ranger!

The steering set-up is incredible...I need to get some more detailed pictures. I can't wait to see what he does with the rear, which is being done now. The truck should be finished by August. Ryan's old truck was build by Huseman, also, and there was (is?) a profile on it on RDC. There's some inf and a couple more pictures on our member profiles page for Ryan on prerunners.com.

<font color=white>JEN</font color=white>

baja619

Reaction

I also vote for CRAIG STEWERT as well, He is at the top of the list. No question about that

racer_dude

Back2Back TL Champ!
Reaction

i dont think there is a best in this subject, because there is so much fabricated stuff out there that we havent seen.. think of all the other race cars in the world....i think it all comes down to who you prefer with their "style"

Regie Dunlap of dunrite race cars/prep hesperia (built ranger prerunner that nick baldwin now own's that really started the super prerunner craze, builds flawless championship winning 1600 cars, and has a mean 10 car or 1 car that can pack a punch)
Tony Vanillo now of NAOR in hesperia (built baldwin trucks)

and out of all the fab shops that i have seen, they all look like they could hold their own with the big dogs with the right amount of money thrown at them..

just my thoughts and ramblings

01_el_tiburon

Bait Fish
Reaction

When in comes to inovation or first time gigs, id have to mention the Coachella brothers who raced the Code circuit on the lowest of budgets in a 5-1600 bug .Air box on the carburator, olive oil can cut and sealed at bottom. Ump air filter, old electric aluminim cofee pot, warming/bottom end removed, combo spindles, caravan rear spindles welded on stock kingpins....now that's innovation isnt it ???

omar

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Jesse James...watching him widdle a tank or fenders from a flat plate is awesome! The best part about him...he just calls himself a "glorified welder"

and who is the guy that started this thread? no info available on him?

Rory

Crayola Killer
Reaction
I see a lot of newer fab guys on this list but some older guys sure are being left out. Nye Frank would be one of them, he designed and built Mickey Thompsons yellow Challenger car (if I'm not mistaken) along with many other cool cars including Rob MacCachrens Pro 4 that DOMINATED CORR for a couple years before being outlawed. Jon Nelson who had been mentioned earlier did some very interesting designs with "Butch" and than revolutionized the "Arnold" platform so people like Porter had a good templet to work off of. Hell, even Robby Gordon should be mentioned because he was the designer of the "Riviera" truck and that thing was built in 94 and is STILL one of the fastest trucks out there, bar none. Johnny Johnson is another, and of course Gil George of Funco and Lynn Chenowth. Than again, anyone that can weld in a stright line is my hero, i can't even use a stick welder.

Harpo

Reaction
Rory this thread is three years old, and you beat me by two minutes! I agree Nye Frank never ceases to amaze me. Nor do Geiser Bros, Bill Varnes, Kevin Bunderson, Tony Vanillo, Bobby Neth, Craig Stewart, Regie Dunlap, Mike Smith, Jon Nelson, the guys at PPI (Ivan’s Toyota), and the team that Robby brought along from the Indy Car ranks that built his truck in the mid 90’s (I believe they were more engineers than fabricators)

Harpo

Reaction
Rory, Don't feel bad, I can't use stick either, I can't even use a pencil!!!!

NicksTrix

Reaction
let's not forget dick russell who did PJ's big oly and blazers.
i think donny fair was the lead designer &amp; builder on robby's winning truck. there are so many talented guys out there. not really fair to try to put a "best" imop. some worked in many different times with a varied amount of equiptment compared to what technology has to offer today. once again, just so man talented guys.