• Forum membership has its advantages....

Best floor Jack tired of Harbor Frieght

vegasloki

The best jacks I've come across are either the Pace or Brunnhoelzel. They aren't cheap and Brunnhoelzel lightweight race jacks don't lift over 10" or so but they have a garage jack that can do 23" lift. Pace has an 18" lift model and you can get dirt wings for it, around $1500 or so. As long as no one steals it it's likely the last jack you'll ever buy. Both Pace and Brunnhoelzel make a full line of replacement parts.

Edit: Forgot Brunnhoelzel has a local/club racer version, 17" lift about $800 plus dirt wings.

manicmechanic

Check Napa. I have 2 from them that have never given any problems.

richard cretsinger

some folks say get a craftstsman not sure which one Im gonna get but thought about this one what are you guys using and what do you think of this one

http://www.sears.com/craftsman-4000-lb-capacity-aluminum-jack/p-00950239000P?prdNo=5&blockNo=5&blockType=G5
If it wasnt for the weight in aluminum, we would have left that jack in the desert along time ago. If you can afford it buy the pace or the brunhoelz jack. We decided to try the Harbor Freight 3 ton aluminum jack, Havent had a chance to try it yet, but have read some good reviews on it. Plus, Ryan @ dirt tech is working on a new quick mount for it.

Dirtracer 619

I checked sears $215 and Napa $249 so gonna go look at them this week Harbor Frieght always worked good in the garage but out in the desert is where I have had trouble I know some will dis agree but that is just my experiance so gonna try something else. but no way I can spend 1500 for the pace or brunzhoelz

vegasloki

I hear you on the price of a pro race jack. Hard to justify. Great product though. You can find the spendy jacks on racingjunk.com at a pretty good deal sometimes but when they do appear most of them are down south in circle track country.

It's my understanding the NAPA jacks are rebadged Torin jacks. A while back Costco had some low profile Torin jacks but I haven't looked in a while.

Dirtracer 619

Man that torin jack looks just like the harbor freight jack maybe i just need to get the bigger 2.5 ton one

sure wish i could just get a good jack for a fair price are the Craftsmans any good

f1sleepy

Craftsman jacks are junk. The only "cheap" racing jack that seems to do well are the big Harbor Freight ones. I have a 2.5 ton and the 3 ton with the old Dirt-Tech skidplate/mounting cradle. I've had no issues with my HF jacks at all. Honestly though, your best bet is to get a heavy duty scissor jack and weld a bolt head or nut to it so you can use an electric impact. It's the quickest way to raise/lower a truck, weighs less than a floor jack and doesn't rely on seals and hydraulic fluid to work. Other than that, those KING screw jacks and FOA screw jacks are pretty cool with nice high lift capacity.

slvrbullet

Honestly though, your best bet is to get a heavy duty scissor jack and weld a bolt head or nut to it so you can use an electric impact. It's the quickest way to raise/lower a truck, weighs less than a floor jack and doesn't rely on seals and hydraulic fluid to work.
I second this, we use one off a motor home lifts 3.5 tons and goes up to 30". I found my on amazon a set of 2 for under $100, I have never had a problem with these much faster then a floor jack and weighs a lot less.

Chris_Wilson

I gave up on Harbor Freight jacks. This one lifts my heavy bronco. It's the 6 pump version.

Attachments

jeff

^^^ I like the choice of footwear... and it always feels good to get the sand between the toes.

Aloha

Zambo

For a good shop jack, I like the red one from Costco. 3.25 tons and never had a problem with it. I think its about a hundred bucks.

Chris Tobin

My Costco floor jack works great in the home garage, but is awful heavy to think about using in the desert...

DailyPedal

Just to add about the Craftsman...they are not bad-not good either...I bought one a few years back when we were racing a stock car. It broke the swivel at the end of the handle. Took it back and got it exchanged...next one wouldn't pump right and leaked. Changed the hyd oil and it stopped leaking and worked well. Untill the swivel broke. I used these jacks a lot as a regular shop jack and at the races and was in a bind so I decided to just fix the damn thing rather than have one break again at a race...replaced the swivel joint with a better quality socket swivel and it worked fine for years.

randy s

Craftsman jacks are junk. The only "cheap" racing jack that seems to do well are the big Harbor Freight ones. I have a 2.5 ton and the 3 ton with the old Dirt-Tech skidplate/mounting cradle. I've had no issues with my HF jacks at all. Honestly though, your best bet is to get a heavy duty scissor jack and weld a bolt head or nut to it so you can use an electric impact. It's the quickest way to raise/lower a truck, weighs less than a floor jack and doesn't rely on seals and hydraulic fluid to work. Other than that, those KING screw jacks and FOA screw jacks are pretty cool with nice high lift capacity.
yep. we use a scissor jack that comes stock with a h1 hummer..same deal..we welded a nut the same size as the lug nuts on the thing and it works like a champ. faster, much, much lighter, as much or more lifting capacity [8 to 10k lbs. on a hummer h1] and more dependable than a floor jack. surprisingly stable as well. charlie, come on by and check it out for yourself. you can get h1 scissor jacks on ebay pretty cheap. much less than a floor jack.